Bangladesh didn’t sign the e-commerce rules
Published: 06:50 PM, 20 December 2017 Updated: 05:03 PM, 10 October 2019
Photo from Internet
NGO participants from Bangladesh were thankful to the Govt Delegation for not signing in the e-commerce rules though there was big push from the proponents.
A group of 70 countries, chaired by Australia, Japan and Singapore, agreed today to start exploratory work toward future negotiations on electronic commerce rules.
The experts said that, E-commerce talks in the WTO have repeatedly stalled and the Buenos Aires conference did not deliver a breakthrough on this issue either. Members even failed to extend a nearly two-decade-old agreement barring the implementation of customs duties on electronic transmissions.
The World Trade Organization’s 11th ministerial is expected to close without the issuance of a ministerial declaration after the U.S. and India clash over language on development i.e. whether to include a reference to the Doha Development Agenda.
The 11th Ministerial of WTO starts with a criticism that, over 60 civil society delegates to the conference, who had been accredited by the WTO, were banned from participation by the Argentinian government. Two of them were deported after arriving at the airport. NGO participants in their joint statement mention that in view of the important public policy issues that are being discussed at such international conferences, the citizens of the world need ways to ensure that their problems and concerns are appropriately listened to and taken into consideration.
Our World Is Not For Sale Network, who brings together 250 organizations from 50 countries in the global North and South, called on government delegates to change existing WTO rules that are constraining policy space for job creation and development and to reject the wrong agenda to expand the failed model of the WTO to new issues.
- ADB to provide US$ 540m for human resource development
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Premier Div Chess: Saif SC, Police share top slot
- Both Challengers, Thunder upbeat to start BPL with victory
- Brazilian president hails launching of Sino-Brazilian satellite
- 18th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- Turkey says ready to send troops to back Libya unity govt
- What should be said while entering house
- No room for anti-liberation forces in AL: Quader
- HC summons Sakhipur UNO, OC
- Int’l badminton tournament dedicating to Bangabandhu begins
- Two children drown in Kurigram
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- ECNEC okays 7 projects
- BBPL will miss Shakib: Russell
- Kamal urges all to engage more in tax, VAT payment
- 1mn more jobs in ICT sector within 5 yrs: Palak
- Enjoy BPL in 10 countries apart from Bangladesh
- NASA chief gets latest look at new moon rocket
- Miraz braces for two challenges in BBPL
- RAB detained 5 brokers from hospital
- The old man died of heart attack during buy onions
- Qatar`s Emir Sheikh Tamim skips Gulf summit in Saudi Arabia
- Suu Kyi sat frozen in ICJ
- Prisoner militants need deradicalization: IGP
- Myanmar must stop Rohingyas genocide: Gambia
- Recruitment notices on Shah & Associates
- GDP growth reaches 8.15pc
- ICJ hearing: Rohingya vs Suu Kyi supporters UN-court showdown
- Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies, aged 61
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- E-passport within 3 days!
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- US House passed sanctions on China over Uighur issue
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Storm over new black hole issue
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today