Bodies of 3 women recovered in a night in capital...

Bodies of 3 women recovered in a night in capital

 Staff Correspondent

 Published: 02:13 PM, 24 June 2022  

File Photo

File Photo

Police have recovered the bodies of three women, including a housemaid, from separate areas in the capital on Thursday night. 

The deceased have been identified as Sonia Akter, 14, a housemaid of Rampura Banasree, Asma Begum, 40, of Bangshal Nawabkatara area and Faria alias Riya, 17, of Mugda.
Sonia, hailing from Barguna Sadar Upazila, used to work as housemaid in a house on second floor of a two-storey building at Rampura Banasree. 

Nazgir Ahmed, the house owner, said that at around 9:30 pm, they spotted Sonia hanging with a ring at balcony. They immediately took her to Faraji Hospital and informed police. Later police took her to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), where the doctors declared her dead at around 2:30 am. 

Meanwhile, housewife Asma used to live on the second floor of a building at  Bangshal's Nawabkatara. His younger brother Md Raju said he got married to Delwar Hossain 18 years ago. They have no children. She divorced her husband on May 22 due to various family dispute. However, she was recently in contact with her ex-husband to start their marital journey again. However, Delwar was not agreeing with this. Angered by this, she committed suicide after hanging herself with a fan at home on Thursday night. 

DMCH Police Camp in-charge (inspector) Md Bachchu Mia confirmed the information and said that both the bodies have been kept in the morgue for autopsy.

On the other hand, Sub-Inspector (SI) of Mugda Police Station Ferdousi Akhter said that the body of Faria After Ria was found hanging on the sixth floor of a house near Mugda Police Station at around 8:00 pm on Thursday. She got married six months ago.

The SI said Ria, hailing from Faridpur, came to the house of one of his relatives in Mugda from the village for treatment. However, on Thursday, she got an altercation with his mother through a mobile phone. It is believed that she later committed suicide by hanging himself.