7 dead in Madhya Pradesh residential building fire
Published: 11:17 AM, 7 May 2022
At least seven people died while nine others were rescued after a fire broke out on Saturday morning in a two-storey residential building in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore, India.
Citing the fire department personnel, local media reported that although the exact cause has not been ascertained, the initial probe showed that the blaze may have been caused by a short circuit.
“It took us 3 hours to bring the fire under control,” they were quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan offered his condolences.
“I pray to God to give place to the departed souls at his feet and give strength to the family members to bear this deep sorrow and to give speedy recovery to the injured,” the Chief Minister tweeted. - Indian Express