BSF tortures Bangladeshi to death
Published: 08:52 PM, 20 December 2017 Updated: 09:38 PM, 3 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The Border Security Force (BSF) of neighbouring India allegedly tortured a Bangladeshi in bordering area in Patgram of Lalmonirhat on Wednesday, leading to his death.
The victim of the BSF torture was Rashidul Islam, 30, a resident of Mominpur village in Zongra union of Patgram upazila. He fathered two sons and one daughter.
Locals said Rashidul went to India’s bordering village Chyangrabanda along with some cattle traders on Tuesday night and fell victim of inhuman torture by the BSF members in the India’s bordering village on Wednesday morning.
Rashidul succumbed to his injuries on his way to Rangpur Medical College Hospital.
Locals said BSF members chased the cattle traders when they were returning home fetching cattle. Although all of his companions managed to reach Bangladesh, Rashidul was caught in the hands of BSF members.
BSF members beat him up mercilessly and later pushed him into Bangladesh territory.
Patgram police station officer-in-charge Obani Shankar Kar said Rashidul body bore “numerous marks of injuries”.
Border Guard Bangladesh’s (BGB) Burimari BGB sadar company commander Subedar Obaidul Haque said he talked to the BSF’s Changrabanda camp company commander Rajesh Kumar, but he denied the incident of BSF torture.
- Biz ldrs oppose Govt’s gas price hike plan
- US-Bangla starts Chennai flights from March 31
- Ershad’s 90th Birthday celebrated
- 1,221 recommended for cadre posts
- Indian investors interested to energy sec
- HC bans making film, drama on Jaha Alam
- BIWTA thrashes 185 illegal structures
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- Students call off movement till March 28
- India beat Bangladesh to raced into SAFF final
- Doctor jailed using own sperm fertilizing more than 50 women
- Farhad, Saif powers Doleshwar to easy victory
- Ducsu AGS with student movement
- Suprobhat Paribahan driver put on 7-day remand
- Ardern calls for global anti-racism fight
- Arrest warrant issued against Khaleda in another case
- Fake notes of Tk 8 lakh seized: 4 held
- Not full adults until 30s: Sci
- Super worm moon to rise tmrw
- 4 to die for killing sibling farmers in M’singh
- Holi festival tomorrow
- Destitution of Kutubdia Health Complex
- HC for Tk 10 lakh comp to Abrar’s family
- Quader’s bypass surgery successful
- 15 to die for killing cloth trader in Doha
- No poverty in future: PM
- Three years departure of Diti
- Now schoolgirl lost leg in Jashore road crash
- Foot overbridge named after Abrar
- Schoolgirl killed in Sundarganj truck crash
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Dhaka-Kolkata Ship service starts March 29
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- BCB has no problem with Shakib`s IPL participation
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Dutch-Bangla service to be closed for 5 days
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Tigers left New Zealand
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered