Plea files to postpone Film Artistes’ Association polls
Published: 05:20 PM, 26 January 2022 Updated: 05:21 PM, 26 January 2022
A petition has been filed to postpone the elections of the Bangladesh Film Artistes’ Association for the 2022-24 term which is scheduled to be held on January 28.
The hearing of the petition has started in the High Court bench headed by Justice Md. Khasruzzaman on Wednesday (January 26).
It is learned that 16 of those who were dropped from the voters’ list have appealed to the High Court.
Confirming the matter, Deputy Attorney General Arvind Kumar Roy said the hearing of the petition of the artists who were dropped from the voter list in the election of the Bangladesh Film Artistes’ Association is also underway.
The biennial election of the Film Artistes’ Association is scheduled to be held on January 28 at FDC. This year, Peerzada Harun is acting as the Election Commissioner (EC) and accompanied by BH Nishan and Bazlur Rashid Chowdhury. Director Sohanur Rahman Sohan is the chairman of the Board of Appeal.
Two panels are taking part in the election of the upcoming Film Artistes’ Association. Among these, the Ilias Kanchan-Nipun panel is contesting for the posts of president and general secretary. Their opposition is the Misa Sawdagar-Zayed Khan panel.
Complete candidate list of two panels at a glance —
- President: Ilias Kanchan
- Vice-Presidents: Riaz and D.A. Tayeb
- General Secretary: Nipun
- Assistant General Secretary: Symon Sadik
- Organizational Secretary: Shahanur
- International Affairs Secretary: Nirab
- Office and Publicity Secretary: Arman
- Culture and Sports Secretary: Emon
- Treasurer: Azad Khan
- Members of the Executive Council: Amit Hasan, Shakil Khan, Nana Shah, Afzal Sharif, Sanko Panja, Jasmine, Keya, Pori Moni, Gangua and Simanta.
Misa Sawdagar-Zayed Khan panel
- President: Misa Sawdagar
- Vice-Presidents: Monowar Hossain Dipjol and Rubel.
- General Secretary: Zayed Khan
- Assistant General Secretary: Subrata
- Organizational Secretary: Alexander Bo
- International Affairs Secretary: Joy Chowdhury
- Office and Publicity Secretary: JK Alamgir
- Culture and Sports Secretary: Zakir Hossain
- Treasurer: Farhan
- Members of the Executive Council: Rozina, Anjana, Shuchorita, Aruna Biswas, Moushumi, Asif Iqbal, Bapparaj, Ali Raj, Nader Khan, and Hasan Jahangir.