11 guidelines in Edu. insts. to tackle COVID pandemic
Published: 07:59 PM, 22 January 2022 Updated: 08:05 PM, 22 January 2022
11 guidelines have been issued for all types of educational institutions, including schools and colleges, to prevent coronavirus outbreak.
This instruction was given by the Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education (DSHE).
According to the directive, in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus-borne disease Covid-19, instructions have been given to conduct overall activities of schools and colleges under the DSHE –
1. Physical class activities will be closed till February 6, 2022.
2. At this time, the educational institution authorities will continue teaching and learning activities on online/virtual platform.
3. Covid 19 vaccination activities for students aged 12-17 years will continue as per the proper hygiene rules – In this case, the Regional Office of the Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education, District Education Office and Upazila/Thana Secondary Education Office will continue to coordinate with the local administration and the Civil Surgeon.
4. Every precaution must be taken to keep all the electricity, telephone, internet, water and gas connections of the institution, including classrooms, libraries and laboratories – uninterrupted and safe.
5. At this time, special attention should be given to the issue of maintenance and overall security of all the resources of the educational institution.
6. The head of educational institution will be able to keep the teachers and staff engaged in the responsibility of complying with the hygiene rules in case of emergency.
7. The residential halls will remain open until further notice for the convenience of the students. However, all concerned must strictly adhere to proper hygiene rules.
8. All the officers, teachers and employees working in all the departments and educational institutions under the DSHE must get a vaccine certificate.
9. The office of the educational institution will remain open as usual – daily activities will be conducted as per the hygiene rules.
10. Ongoing sports competitions in different parts of the country organized by the National Schools, Madrasas and Technical Sports Associations will be suspended till further notice.
11. Regular cleaning activities should be continued in the educational institutions.