Explosion at depot: Charred bones found under rubble
Published: 05:52 PM, 13 June 2022 Updated: 05:53 PM, 13 June 2022
Rescue operation at BM Container Depot; Photo: Daily Bangladesh
- Sitakunda fire: another person dies
- Sitakunda depot explosion: Another fire service man dies
- Sitakunda blast: 2 more bodies recovered, death toll now 46
- Sitakunda blast: Case filed against 8 people
- Remains of 2 more bodies found in depot
- Death toll in Ctg depot fire rises to 43
- Horrific explosion at BM Depot, call for blood donation
Some charred remains were recovered from a recent fire at BM Container Depot in Sitakunda upazila of Chattogram on Monday afternoon.
Confirming the matter to Daily Bangladesh, Sitakunda Model Police Station OC (Investigation) Sumon Banik said some charred bones of one’s leg parts had been recovered from under rubble in the depot. After the rescue, they were sent for autopsy.
A fire broke out inside the depot’s loading point at around 8 pm on June 4. Upon receiving the news, three units of Kumira Fire Service reached the spot and started working to control the fire.
Later, at around 10:45 pm, the fire spread from one container to another. At one point, there was a huge explosion from a chemical container.
The death toll in the incident so far is 48. Besides, more than 150 people were injured.