Singapore ship arrived Ctg port with huge amount of soybean oil...

Singapore ship arrived Ctg port with huge amount of soybean oil

 Chattogram Correspondent daily-bangladesh.com

 Published: 12:07 PM, 6 May 2022   Updated: 09:49 PM, 6 May 2022

Collected

Collected

A ship named ‘MV Orient Challenge’ has arrived in the Chattogram port from Singapore with a huge amount of soybean oil. “The ship had arrived at the port on Thursday night (May 5),” confirmed Omar Faruq, secretary of Chattogram Port Authority (CPA).

According to the CPA, about 22.9 million liters of soybean oil arrived at Chattogram port from Singapore and another 13,000 tonnes of palm oil will arrive from Indonesia on Friday.

It is learned that the ship ‘MV Orient Challenge’ carrying 22.9 million liters of crude soybean oil from Singapore started its journey on April 26 and reached Chattogram port on Thursday night (May 5). The Indonesian flag-carrying ship ‘MT Sumatra Palm’, on the other hand, started its journey from the country’s Lubuk Gaung Port on April 26 with 13,000 tonnes of palm oil. The ship is scheduled to reach Chattogram port today.

CPA Secretary Omar Faruq said a ship carrying soybean oil from Singapore arrived at Chattogram port on Thursday night. The top four companies in the country – City Group, Sena Kalyan Edible Oil, Bangladesh Edible Oil and Bashundhara Group – are importing this oil.

On the other hand, Kazi Abu Naeem, general manager of Mohammadi Trading Company Limited, the local agent of the Indonesian ship in Bangladesh, said that the ship “MV Sumatra Palm” is scheduled to arrive in the Chattogram port on Friday.

Indonesia is the world’s top exporter of palm oil. Bangladesh imports about 90 percent of its essential palm oil from Indonesia and the remaining 10 percent from Malaysia. Bangladesh imports about 1.3 million tons of palm oil annually. Indonesia has banned palm oil exports from midnight on April 28.

DailyBangladesh/AS/SA