Sinha murder case verdict Jan 31
Published: 03:21 PM, 12 January 2022 Updated: 04:59 PM, 12 January 2022
Retired Major Sinha Mohammad Rashed Khan; File Photo
- Two accused in SK Sinha’s case ordered to surrender
- Sinha murder: 7th phase of deposition underway
- #CALMDOWN: Sinha’s sister’s unprecedented protest at checkpost
- National daily ‘leaks’ Sinha murder investigation!
- Sinha murder: Seven accused remanded
- Arrest warrant issued against 8 including SK Sinha
- Sifat-Shipra to be witnesses in Sinha murder case
- Sinha murder: RAB finds exciting information
- Sinha’s debate contest video goes viral
- Evil conspiracy ongoing over Sinha`s murder: Quader
- Sinha killing: Phone conversation revealed
- None involved in Sinha killing will get exempted: HM
- Retd Major Sinha murder: Case filed against 9 incl OC Pradeep
The verdict in the murder case of retired Major Sinha Mohammad Rashed Khan will be announced on January 31, confirmed Cox’s Bazar District and Sessions Judge’s Court Public Prosecutor (PP) Advocate Faridul Alam on Wednesday afternoon.
Meanwhile, the last day of arguments in the case began in the court of Cox’s Bazar District and Sessions Judge Mohammad Ismail. The court proceedings began in the morning with senior lawyer Rana Dasgupta presenting an unfinished argument on behalf of former Teknaf Police Station OC Pradeep Kumar Das.
PP Advocate Faridul Alam, a state lawyer, said Rana Das Gupta, a senior lawyer representing Pradeep, had started presenting “unfinished arguments” on Wednesday. The judge adjourned the argument on Tuesday.
He added that the lawyers had presented arguments in the court on behalf of the 15 accused in the case. When the arguments of Advocate Rana Das Gupta are over, the counsel for the state and the plaintiff will take part in the last Q&A (question and answer) session.
Earlier, 15 people, including accused Pradeep, were produced before the Cox’s Bazar District and Sessions Judge’s Court around 9:30 am.
Noted that Retired Army Major Sinha Mohammad Rashed Khan was shot dead by police at Shamlapur checkpost in Baharchhara UP of Teknaf upazila on the Cox’s Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive road on the night of July 31, 2020.
On August 5 that year, Sinha’s sister Sharmin Shahriar Ferdous filed a case against nine policemen, including ousted Teknaf Police Station OC Pradeep Kumar Das and former Baharchhara Investigation Inspector in-charge Liaquat Ali. Liaquat Ali was made the main accused in the case.
The court framed charges against 15 accused in the case on June 27, 2021. 15 accused in the case are in jail. Of these, 12 accused have given confessional statements under section 164.