Zia was Moshtaque’s most trusted man: PM
Published: 10:13 PM, 14 December 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today accused again Ziaur Rahman of his involvement in the killing of Bangabandhu, saying that he (Zia) was the most trusted person of Khandaker Moshtaque.
“Moshtaque promoted Ziaur Rahman as the army chief as Zia was the most trusted person of Moshtaque. If Zia was not involved in the killing of Bangabandhu, why Khandaker Moshtaque made him army chief?” she said.
The prime minister said this while taking part in a discussion at Krishibid Institution, Bangladesh (KIB) Auditorium at Farmgate in the capital on Saturday.
Sheikh Hasina, also the Awami League (AL) president, urged the new generations to advance the country further by upholding the independence and stay alert so none can play ducks and drakes with the fate of the people in future.
The premier said the countrymen will have to think that on the soil of Bangladesh, the traitors like Mir Zafar and Khandaker Moshtaque were born and the people like ‘killer Zia’ has come time and again.
“So the people, including the youthfolk, of Bangladesh will have to take responsibility and generation after generation will have to remain careful so none can play ducks and drakes with the lot of the people,” she said.
Bangladesh Awami League organized the discussion on the occasion of the Martyred Intellectuals Day.
AL Advisory Council Member Amir Hossain Amu, Presidium Members Begum Matia Chowdhury, Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim, Advocate Abdul Matin Khasru, Dr Abdur Razzaque, General Secretary Obaidul Quader, Joint Secretary Abdur Rahman, Liberation War Affairs Secretary Mrinal Kanti Das took part in the discussion.
AL Publicity and Publication Secretary and Information Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud and Deputy Publicity and Publication Secretary Aminul Islam Amin conducted the discussion.
Besides, Shaheed Altaf Mahmud’s daughter Shawon Mahmud, Dhaka North City AL President Sheikh Bazlur Rahman, Dhaka South City AL President Abu Ahammed Mannafi spoke.
At the outset of the discussion, a minute’s silence was observed as a mark of profound respect to the memories of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and other martyrs of the August 15 carnage, four national leaders, martyrs of the liberation war and martyred intellectuals.
- Four poppy fields destroyed in Bandarban
- Sportsman of the year Ruman Sana, Cricketer Shakib
- Continuity of government made Bangladesh’s uplift visible: PM
- Jr Tigers becomes ‘C’ group champion
- Volleyball tournament in Sherpur on Mujib Year
- Trump to sign US-Mexico-Canada trade deal
- China shut down 13 cities as virus toll climbs
- Thai Exim Bank, JBIC keen to invest Bangladesh sugar mills
- Main accused of Sabujbagh child-rape case arrested
- What Mahmudullah said after losing to Pakistan
- UK welcomes ICJ ruling, asks Myanmar to comply
- ‘Dwitiyo Purush’ expected to release in Bangladesh
- ‘Occupied playground will be restored’
- Technical education to be compulsory
- Woman dies wrapping warm-clothes with auto
- ICJ’s verdict important: Nasima Begum
- `Steps will be taken to increase onion production`
- Merchant killed in Bogura, 1 arrested
- Cricket tournament in Meherpur on Mujib Year
- Elderly Body found in Sylhet
- Mimi got stuck in oil ad
- USA crackdown visas for pregnant foreigners
- 3 drug dealers fined in Mujibnagar
- Man dies fallen from petrol pump roof in Ashulia
- Bangladesh starts Pakistan tour with loss
- BNP, the worst opposition party: Quader
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- DU to host special convocation for Bangabandhu Sep 5
- Katrina, Vicky chill together
- Anti-US demonstration protest in Iraq
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- E-passport to be launched today
- DMP’s letter to EC to keep close trade fair for 2 days
- ‘Law enforcers will work under EC directives’
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack