Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
Published: 01:02 PM, 24 April 2019 Updated: 03:47 PM, 24 April 2019
The flight of Sri Lankan Airlines carrying the body of Zayan at Dhaka Airport
The body of Awami League leader Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim’s grandson Zayan Chowdhury, who was killed in the deadly Sri Lanka blasts, reached in Dhaka from Sri Lanka on Wednesday.
A flight of Sri Lankan Airlines carrying the body of Zayan, 8, arrived at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 12.50 pm. From the airport, his body will be taken to Banani residence of Sheikh Selim.
His namaz-e-janaza will be held at Banani playground after Asr prayers today. Later, Zayan will be laid to eternal rest at the Banani graveyard where martyrs of August 15, 1975 carnage were buried.
Meanwhile, the physical condition of Moshiul Haque Chowdhary, father of Zayan, has improved slightly, but he is not out of danger.
Moshiul is now undergoing treatment at ICU of a hospital in Sri Lanka and under observation for the next 72 hours. He has suffered splinter injuries in kidney and liver in the terror attack.
The series of blasts at churches and hotels in and outside Sri Lanka’s capital killed more than 300 people and injured hundreds on Easter Sunday. It was the nation’s worst violence since a bloody civil war ended a decade ago.
Eight-year-old Zayan, one of the two sons of Awami League Presidium member Sheikh Selim’s daughter, Sheikh Amena Sultana Sonia, died in an explosion at a hotel where the family was staying. Zayan’s father Mashiul Haque Chowdhury was also injured in the blast.
- Heavy rainfall likely over country
- Mango bean for diabetes control
- Maritime ports asked to hoist signal 3
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad