Youth surprises the world making low-cost artificial hand
Published: 02:10 PM, 18 February 2020 Updated: 02:14 PM, 18 February 2020
Many people have no hand, whether by accident or from birth. But most of them couldn’t get an artificial hand as it is very expensive. According to a survey, about 40,000 people loss their hands one or both every year in different accidents in India.
Madhya Pradesh resident Prashant Gade, had admitted to studying electronics at an engineering college. But he discovered a vast gape of the college education with his thinking. Prashant always dreamed of discovering something new. In the third year, he left college and joined the robotics course. Then he left for Pune. There he finds out about Nicholas Hoochitt. Nicholas is a Bionic hand maker. Nicholas made a bionic hand for his cut arm himself. He became the inspiration for Prashant.
While in Pune, Prashant met a seven-year-old girl. The girl has not had two hands since birth. Prashant looks for the prosthetic hand for the girl. Later, the prosthetic hand is so expensive that it is impossible for the girl's family to carry it. This is where his life takes a new turn.
In 2015, after a long study, Prashant made prosthetic hands. Then, in 2016, he founded a company named Inali. In the meantime, Prashant has given around 1500 prosthetic hands to different people free of cost. And about 3,000 people got prosthetic hands for only at Tk 50 thousand. His invention of the low-cost artificial hand has surprised the whole world.
But although it may seem like a story to listen, this long road to Prashant was not a smooth one. Many obstacles have come. He had to hear different comments. But nothing could stop him. Because he was determined to fulfill his dream.
- Free medical campaign by doctor couple in Shariatpur
- Tabligh Jamaat Amir Maulana Saad infected with coronavirus!
- 7 doctors to provide 24-hour online medical service
- Food aid for poor in Rupganj
- Rice selling at Tk 10 starts Sunday
- 24 hrs curfew issued in Mecca-Medina
- News of ‘exempting home rent’ is rumor
- AFC postpones 2027 Asian Cup host selection
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- City turns to ‘ghost’ town!
- UNO donates one-month salary and allowance to poor
- Real Madrid legend Benito passes away
- Child Shara donates tiffin money to poor
- Ban on mask and sanitizer export lifted
- COVID-19 death toll in Spain surges 10,000
- Coronavirus death toll in US crosses 5,113
- PM asks govt officials, employees to use mask
- Bengali drama on Coronavirus issue
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19