Young Tigers clinch 3-0 lead against Sri Lanka
Published: 08:17 PM, 17 November 2019
Bangladesh U-19 cricket team clinched the five-match Youth ODI series 3-0 beating Sri Lanka U-19 Cricket team by five wickets in 4th match at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram on Sunday.
Young Tigers started the Youth ODI series beating tourist Sri Lanka by 5 wickets in the 2nd match at Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium in Khulna on Monday as their first game was abandoned at the same venue on Saturday due to cyclonic ‘Bulbul’.
The hosts took 2-0 lead thrashing the Islanders Sri Lanka by a huge 161-run in the 3rd match at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram on Thursday.
The fifth and last match will be held on November 19 at the same venue in Chattogram.
Electing to bat first, Sri Lanka scored a mediocre total of 260 for seven wickets in 50 overs on Sunday.
Sonal Dinusha remained unbeaten scoring team’s highest 43 runs, Thaveesha Kahaduwaarachchi added 37, Mohammed Shamaaz 34 and Navod Paranavithana 31 runs for the Islanders.
Tanzim Hasan Sakib bagged three wickets for 54 while Shamim Hossain and Rakibul Hasan bagged one wicket each conceding 59 and 43 runs respectively.
In reply of 261, the Young Tigers scored 265 for five wickets in 47.2 overs to beat touring Sri Lanka in the fourth match.
Towhid Hridoy, who was adjudged man of the match, smashed his 2nd consecutive ton of the series 115 runs off 120 balls hitting 9 fours and 3 sixes and Captain Akbar Ali was not out for 66 runs off 60 balls featuring 4 fours and 2 sixes.
Among others, Tanzid Hasan contributed 26, Shahadat Hossain 23 and Mahmudul Hasan Joy 14 and Shamim Hossain were not out for 11 runs.
Amshi de Silva took two wickets for 55 runs and Sudeera Thilakaratne, Kavindu Nadeeshan and Paranavithana bagged one wicket each conceding 51, 48 and 28 runs respectively.
Earlier, the two-match four-day Youth Test series between two teams concluded in a draw. The rain-hit first match ended in a draw at Abdur Rab Serniabat Stadium in Barishal on October 26-29 and the 2nd match also ended in a draw at Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium in Khulna on November 2-5.
- Kurigram Freedom Day tomorrow
- Storm over new black hole issue
- China to invest $9.11m in Adamjee EPZ
- Portugal resists US appeal to bar Huawei from 5G network bid
- Anyone can donate kidney on humanitarian ground: HC
- Gazipur spinning mill fire doused
- ICAB arranges programme on business leadership
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- House will draft Trump impeachment articles, Pelosi says
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- DMP detained 49 in anti-narcotics drive
- ‘Government will take legal action against chaos in court’
- 9 killed in India’s Madhya Pradesh
- College girl dies in Gazipur train accident
- ACC recovers 125 sacks of rice in Cumilla
- E-Passport to be introduced on Dec 15: Momen
- 50 Yrs of naming ‘Bangladesh`
- Vice chairman’s three-storey house demolished
- 2 arrested with firearms in Rupganj
- 1 in 8 afford out for nutritious diet: Report
- 4 killed in Poland gas blast, 4 missing
- Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka
- NBR’s extensive prog to observe VAT DAY, VAT Week
- Do not waste the environment in courtroom; says CJ
- Youth killed at in-law’s house after love-marriage
- Suhrawardy`s death anniv observed
- AG minister wants to export agricultural products
- Fire in Tongi factory: 11-unit firefighter to douse
- Accused dies in court praying for bail
- Bridges on Bhola-Barishal route by 2025
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Singer Asif turns actor
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Trump signs Hong Kong human rights act
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- PM opens 4 dev schemes incl 5 new ships
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight