Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
Sk Kamal Cup Football
Published: 10:21 PM, 20 October 2019
A late strike from forward Somxay Keohanam helped 10-man Young Elephants Football Club of Laos to bag a win over Mohun Bagan Athletic Club of India in their first match of the 3rd edition Sheikh Kamal International Club Cup Football Tournament at the floodlit MA Aziz Stadium here on Sunday.
Forward Somxay Keohanam scored twice for Young Elephants FC while Julen Colinas Olaizola scored one for Mohun Bagan AC.
In the day’s match, both sides made some eye-catching attempts through their attacking football from the very beginning.
Young Elephants FC could open their account in the 16th minute but midfielder Bounphachan Bounkong missed a close chance.
In the 18th minute, Spanish winger Julen Colinas Olaizola didn’t miss the chance to open the account for Mohun Bagan Athletic Club with a header after a goalmouth melee. After conceding a shocking goal, the Laotian club came alive and started to put pressure on Mohun Bagan defence.
On the other hand, Mohun Bagan produced some close attempts from their counter-attacks.
The Indian club failed to utilize a close chance to widen the margin while Young Elephants goalkeeper Xaysavath Souvanhnasok saved a header from Mohun Bagan forward Salvador Perez, off a long-range shot by Joseba Beitia.
Young Elephants FC finally equalized the margin in the 43rd minute while forward Somxay Keohanam sent the ball in net from a close-range shot utilizing a pass from midfielder Chanthachone Thinolath (1-1).
In the 49th minute, Young Elephants goalkeeper Xaysavath saved another close-range header from Mohun Bagan forward Julen Colinas, off a corner Joseba Beitia.
However, Mohun Bagan got could widen their margin in the 88th minute while they were rewarded by a penalty, but Joseba Beitia failed to convert the goal correctly.
Vanna Bounlovongsa, who got the first yellow card during the first half, was sent off due to his unethical tackle.
Just after one minute, forward Somxay Keohanam scored the match-winner in the 89th minute from a pass by Chanthachone Thinolath (1-2).
- Rogue "Bin Laden" elephant that killed 5 caught in Assam
- Jaya-Prosenjit new journey started with ‘Robibar’
- Take steps to protect cyclone shield Sundarbans: TIB
- Hope’s ton helps West Indies whitewash Afghanistan
- PM to hand over National Film Awards on Dec 8
- Dhaka welcomes Gambia for suing Myanmar
- Greater Sydney faces ‘catastrophic’ bushfire threat
- 128 new dengue patients hospitalised in 24 hrs
- BD U-19 team beat Sri Lanka by 5 wickets
- Bangladesh reaches Indore to play Test series
- Govt working to establish digital one-stop centers: Tajul
- PKSF Development Fair to kick off Thursday in Capital
- Politics not a profession to make money: President
- Wear saree in winter and stay warm
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Student crushed under train in Thakurgaon
- A single bad work can spoil 10 good works: Quader
- Shakib faces loss about crore Tk due to Bulbul
- Imran becomes new Bangladesh HC to India
- Bolivia President Evo Morales resigns
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Lata Mangeshkar admitted to ICU
- 12 injured as two trains collide in Hyderabad
- Laborer killed in road accident
- No Shakib in ICC T20 ranking
- German FM warns Iran over nuclear deal
- Top five in T20I series
- Councillor Rajib placed on 4-day fresh remand
- Police constable killed as human hauler hits motorcycle
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- What’s Tahsan doing now?
- Dhaka Int’l Folk Fest 19 registration begins
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ heads towards Bangladesh
- Tahsan’s realize after 7yrs
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- ‘Construction work of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge from 2020’
- Runa Laila to sing on the historic match day of Bangladesh-India
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool to play tonight
- Bijori Barkatullah in title role
- Voter registration for expats starts today
- McDonald’s CEO fired after dating employee
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Happy Birthday ‘Playback Emperor’
- Sadeque Hossain Khoka passes away
- Gunmen attack Thailand security post, kills 15
- 345 shelter centers open at Noakhali
- Govt prepared to face ‘Bulbul’: Enamur
- Rifat murder: Bail plea of two dropped from hearing list
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Al-Baghdadi’s sister, five children captured
- Tomorrow’s JSC, JDC exams rescheduled
- Ronaldo’s ‘hairdresser’ stabbed dead in hotel
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- MP Moinuddin Khan Badal passes away