Yasir bags 14 to Pakistan series-levelling win
Published: 05:43 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 06:38 PM, 27 November 2018
Leg-spinner Yasir Shah picked 14 wickets in the match to help Pakistan win by an innings and 16 runs over New Zealand in the second Test, leveling the three-match series by 1-1, after the visiting side were bowled out for 312 runs.
Leg-spinner Yasir Shah shined through once more by claiming six wickets in the Kiwis' second innings. In the first innings, he had picked up eight wickets, causing New Zealand to crumble at 90 runs. Yasir finished with a total of 14 wickets in the match
Hasan Ali picked up three, while Bilal Asif claimed one wicket.
Resuming on 131-2 after being forced to follow-on, New Zealand were trailing by 288 runs on the fourth day of the second Test.
Yasir (2-111) bowled 16 wicketless overs in the morning session, while fast bowler Hasan Ali (1-15) and Bilal Asif (1-47) who were among the wickets.
Shah took 10 wickets on the third day that included career-best 8-41 to dismiss New Zealand for just 90 in the first innings.
But the leg-spinner bowled either too full or too short to challenge New Zealand in the first session on Tuesday.
Hasan provided the breakthrough when Latham (50) was contentiously adjudged caught behind soon after completing his half century.
On-field umpire Paul Reiffel thought Latham had edged Hasan and went to third umpire Ian Gould to confirm through television replays.
Spikes did appear on replay technology as the ball passed the bat when Latham played a defensive shot close to his front pad.
However, the batsman walked off the field in disbelief.
This ended an 80-run third-wicket stand between Taylor and Latham, who hit four boundaries in his 158-ball knock.
Two balls later Nicholls successfully reviewed an lbw decision against him as TV replays showed Hasan's delivery would have missed the leg stump.
Taylor (82) completed his half century off 54 balls when he drove Hasan through the point boundary off the first ball of the day.
But Taylor went on the defence for a while before he played a reckless sweep, half an hour before lunch, and top edged off-spinner Asif to deep backward square leg.
Taylor's half century featured seven fours and a six and came off 128 balls.
New Zealand leads the series 1-0 after narrowly winning the first Test by four runs.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor