Yaba trader hurts in gunfight with BGB
Published: 01:02 PM, 26 February 2019 Updated: 01:59 PM, 26 February 2019
A suspected yaba trader was killed in a gunfight with members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in Sultanpur area of Cumilla Sadar upazila early Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Md. Harun, son of Mohon of the Upazila.
Lt. Colonel Md. Iqbal Hossain, captain of Sultanpur Battalion of BGB, said that Harun was arrested from Koteshwar area of the Upazila on Monday.
After gleaning information from Harun, a team of BGB conducted a drive at Adarshagram of Burigram Upazila.
Sensing the presence of elite force members, Harun’s associates opened fire on them, forcing them to fire back, triggering the gunfight which left Harun bullet injured.
Later, the injured was taken to Comilla Medical College Hospital. 2,250 pieces of Yaba tablets were recovered from the spot.
- Lemon cultivation gaining popularity in Panchagarh
- AL secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Black holes made of dark energy?
- PM hints at buying two more Boeing aircraft
- PM inaugurates Biman’s ‘Rajhangsa’
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- People’s reliance now on JP: GM Quader
- Plaintiff tries to suicide in court over husband’s bail
- Bangabandhu, Bangamata football tournament kicks-off!
- TCB to provide onion at Tk 45
- Durga Puja set-out in Jamalpur’s 210 temples
- ADB president to step down
- Rawdah of Rasulullah (SM) under Green Dome
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 27 policemen awarded in Dhaka Range Crime Conference
- Sheikh Hasina so far receives 37 int’l accolades
- Veteran coach Nazmul quits BCB
- U-23 squad announced for India tour
- Corruption in rice distribution
- Hilsa scarcity leads to paucity
- HC’s rule on CCSU election
- Smith takes 34-point lead over Kohli
- UAE introduces free visa on condition
- Woman carried away on mobility scooter in a hilarious state
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Oct 20
- IEEE accredited Bangladesh University
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Oct 17
- Over 75 tigers died in Thailand for inbreeding fact
- Blast in Afghan President’s rally kills 24 civilians
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects