Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
Published: 01:20 PM, 14 November 2019 Updated: 03:57 PM, 14 November 2019
A writ petition has been filed on Thursday to compensate Tk 10 crore to the family of Naimul Abrar, a ninth-grade student of Dhaka Residential Model School and College — in the incident of his death by electrocution — on the occasion of the anniversary of ‘Kishore Alo’, a children’s magazine of Daily Prothom Alo.
Lawyer Faizullah Faiz filed the writ petition with the relevant branch of the High Court.
Earlier on November 3, Faizullah Faiz, a Supreme Court lawyer, sent a legal notice on behalf of Obayed Ahmed, a former student of the college, through registry.
In the notice, the publisher and editor of Daily Prothom Alo, editor of the magazine ‘Kishore Alo’ were asked to compensate for the incident.
At the same time, the Secretary of the Ministry of Information, Secretary of the Ministry of Education and Secretary of the Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources were requested to take special security measures for conducting any kind of program in the educational institute.
Within three days of receiving the notice, the publisher and editor of Daily Prothom Alo, editor of the magazine ‘Kishore Alo’ were asked to explain the incident. However, the lawyer did not receive any reply to the notice.
The notice also noted that necessary legal steps would be taken if no compensation was provided.
On November 1, Naimul Abrar, a ninth-grade student of Dhaka Residential Model School and College, was severely injured during the event. Immediately, two specialists (FCPS) physicians of the emergency medical camp established at the ground gave first aid to Naimul. He was then taken to capital’s Universal Hospital where the duty doctor declared Abrar dead.
- Bangladesh gear up for Test series in Pakistan
- Axiata appoints new deputy group CEO
- Yuvraj, Wasim to join Australia bushfire relief match
- Month of Jamadi-us-Sani begins tomorrow
- Petition filed seeking cancellation of Tabith Awal’s candidature
- One killed in Panchagarh clash
- Unexploded mortar shell recovered in Cumilla
- Common people’s uplift is prerequisite to country’s development: PM
- Businessman electrocuted in Trishal
- 3 held in anti-narcotic drive in capital
- Shakib-Apu to pair again!
- Body found at chicken farm in Bogura
- ‘Marketing Cup’ to commemorate Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu
- Unidentified body found in Cumilla
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack