World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
Published: 11:32 AM, 17 May 2019
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is on Friday. The day is observed in Bangladesh like 193 member countries of the United Nations’ body-organization, International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
Md Zakir Hossain Khan, BTRC’s Senior Assistant Director of Media and Publications Wing said this information in a press release on Thursday afternoon.
This year, the day’s theme ‘Bridging the Standardization Gap Expert Interviews’ (International Standards for Information Technology). Ministry of Postal, Telecommunication and Information Technology and BTRC organized special events to observe the day in a proper manner and dignity.
On the occasion of the day, President M Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheik Hasina, Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Mustafa Jabbar, State Minister for Information and Communication Technology Zunaid Ahmed Palak, Secretary of Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Ashok Kumar Bishwas, Secretary of Information and Communication Technology NM Ziaul Alam, BTRC chairman Md Zahurul Haque gave separate message.
Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Mustafa Jabbar will inaugurate the main event of the day in Hotel InterContinental on Saturday. Robi, Huawei, and ISPAB will present articles on various topics in the opening program.
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- BNP hatching conspiracy to create anarchy: Nasim
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20