World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
Published: 07:58 PM, 25 April 2019 Updated: 09:57 PM, 25 April 2019
Like elsewhere of the world, Bangladesh will observe the ‘World Intellectual Property Day’ tomorrow.
This year, the theme of the day is ‘Reach for Gold: IP and Sports.’
Marking the day, Industries Ministry has taken several programs, including a cycle rally from the premises of the Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban.
Industries Secretary M Abdul Halim will be present at the rally as the chief guest.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today issued separate messages recalling the importance of day for Bangladesh.
In his message, Preside Abdul Hamid said the competition of creativity is underway in the world and the people, who are leading in creativity, are leading the world.
“To build a safe and prosperous Bangladesh for future generations, we have to find ways to utilize our limited resources to its best,” he added.
On the eve of celebrating World Intellectual Property Day, he urged all the sportspeople, inventors, industrialists, businessmen, researchers, and all the concerned people to come forward for the preservation of intellectual property and its proper use.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said Intellectual Property is playing an important role in economic, social and cultural development of the country.
“Now with the expansion of the sports, various technologies are being developed. Different types of sports equipment are being marketed. As a result, the importance of preserving their intellectual property is increasing,” she added.
She said the Department of Patents, Design and Trademark (DPDT) is working for the protection of intellectual property.
- Councillor Rajib placed on 14-day remand
- 30 killed as bus skids off road, bursts into flames
- 9 new HC judges to take oath today
- T20 WC Qualifier: Canada faces Nigeria today
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- Four to die for murder in Faridpur
- DIG Bajlur of JD arrested for possessing illegal money
- Rohit`s 212 put India on top
- Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
- 4 killed in cops-mob clash following facebook post
- Khulna beat Rajshahi in NCL 2nd round
- BCB to issue T-Ten NOC through talks
- Auto-driver killed after being hit by pickup
- Investigations are being made about many others: Quader
- Samad succeeds in farming vegetables in fisheries farms
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- BUET students’ call off protests
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated