World Intellectual Property Day today
Published: 10:07 AM, 26 April 2019
Like elsewhere of the world, Bangladesh will observe the ‘World Intellectual Property Day’ on Friday across the country.
This year’s theme of the day is ‘Reach for Gold: IP and Sports.’
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday issued separate messages recalling the importance of the day for Bangladesh.
In his message, Preside Abdul Hamid said the competition of creativity is underway in the world and the people, who are leading in creativity, are leading the world.
“To build a safe and prosperous Bangladesh for future generations, we have to find ways to utilize our limited resources to its best,” he added.
On the eve of celebrating ‘World Intellectual Property Day’, he urged all the sportspeople, inventors, industrialists, businessmen, researchers, and all the concerned people to come forward for the preservation of intellectual property and its proper use.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said Intellectual Property is playing an important role in the economic, social and cultural development of the country.
“Now with the expansion of the sports, various technologies are being developed. Different types of sports equipment are being marketed. As a result, the importance of preserving their intellectual property is increasing,” she added.
She said the Department of Patents, Design, and Trademark (DPDT) is working for the protection of intellectual property.
Marking the day, Industries Ministry has taken several programs, including a cycle rally from the premises of the Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban.
Industries Secretary M Abdul Halim will be present at the rally as the chief guest.
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad