World AIDS Day tomorrow
Published: 10:04 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 10:04 PM, 30 November 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The World Aids Day will be observed tomorrow (on Saturday) with the theme “Know Your Status” across the country as elsewhere in the globe.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina issued separate messages on the eve of the day wishing all-out success of the programs marking the day.
In separate messages, they appreciated the steps taken at the national level to observe the day.
In his message, President Abdul Hamid said, “The risk of the deadly disease, AIDS, is still prevailing in the country due to geographical location, unawareness, uncontrolled behavior of the vulnerable section of the people and fallacy among the people.”
The President called upon all for maintaining the conventional, religious, social and family discipline to control or prevent the HIV.
He stressed the importance of taking effective measures by the NGOs and development agencies alongside the government to increase awareness among the people remove prejudices and change the people’s behavior in this regard.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said her government is committed to bringing down the rate of HIV into 0 percent from the current less than 0.01 percent by 2030.
“I hope Bangladesh will become successful to eradicate the diseases by the stipulated time through collective efforts,” said the premier.
She said Bangladesh can be free of the AIDS risks through increasing awareness, controlling lifestyle, stopping drug abuse, developing morality, maintaining religious disciplines and taking proper treatment.
She urged different NGOs, development organizations and other agencies to play a vital role alongside the government in this regard.
She hoped that the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s dream of “Sonar Bangla” will be built through the implementation of “Vision 2021 and 2041” in the health sector of the country.
Health and Family Welfare Ministry will organize a discussion marking the Day at the auditorium of Krishibid Institution Bangladesh (KIB) at 11:00 am tomorrow where the Minister of the ministry Mohammed Nasim is expected to be present as the chief guest.
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Students’ council formed in 8,684 schools
- Fire broke in Cumilla Moon Hospital
- ‘Chemical’ evidence found in Churihatta fire incident
- Wazed Mia works for humanity: Speaker
- Ultra-processed foods links cancer risk
- 10 shops gutted in Melandaha
- None would be able to destroy Bengali culture: PM
- Kartoa land more fertile for tea: Experts
- BNP’s anti-govt comts over city fire improper: Hasan
- Chelsea banned from signing new players
- W.House to keep 200 troops in Syria
- Kartoa Valley land more fertile for tea cultivation: Experts
- Pres at doa for Chawkbazar victims
- DNA samples collected to identify charred bodies
- `Govt instructs to shift godowns from old Dhaka`
- Saudi crown prince meets Chinese president, bags oil deal
- 80 grave ready in Azimpur
- Venezuela seals border
- Unknown panic in Bilchandak!
- Mosquitos killed more humans than all wars
- Dipu Moni emphasizes on lifelong learning for sustainable dev
- No gate keeper in rail crossing
- 7.5 quake hits Peru-Ecuador border
- World`s largest bee found in INDO
- Youth hacked dead in Gazipur
- Chawkbazar fire: Chandpur`s 2 dead
- Kulkhani and Doa Mahfil tomorrow
- ‘Uro Megher Boshonto’ of Nilanjana Neela
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP