World AIDS Day tomorrow
Published: 10:04 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 10:04 PM, 30 November 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The World Aids Day will be observed tomorrow (on Saturday) with the theme “Know Your Status” across the country as elsewhere in the globe.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina issued separate messages on the eve of the day wishing all-out success of the programs marking the day.
In separate messages, they appreciated the steps taken at the national level to observe the day.
In his message, President Abdul Hamid said, “The risk of the deadly disease, AIDS, is still prevailing in the country due to geographical location, unawareness, uncontrolled behavior of the vulnerable section of the people and fallacy among the people.”
The President called upon all for maintaining the conventional, religious, social and family discipline to control or prevent the HIV.
He stressed the importance of taking effective measures by the NGOs and development agencies alongside the government to increase awareness among the people remove prejudices and change the people’s behavior in this regard.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said her government is committed to bringing down the rate of HIV into 0 percent from the current less than 0.01 percent by 2030.
“I hope Bangladesh will become successful to eradicate the diseases by the stipulated time through collective efforts,” said the premier.
She said Bangladesh can be free of the AIDS risks through increasing awareness, controlling lifestyle, stopping drug abuse, developing morality, maintaining religious disciplines and taking proper treatment.
She urged different NGOs, development organizations and other agencies to play a vital role alongside the government in this regard.
She hoped that the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s dream of “Sonar Bangla” will be built through the implementation of “Vision 2021 and 2041” in the health sector of the country.
Health and Family Welfare Ministry will organize a discussion marking the Day at the auditorium of Krishibid Institution Bangladesh (KIB) at 11:00 am tomorrow where the Minister of the ministry Mohammed Nasim is expected to be present as the chief guest.
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Trump walks out on Democrats in fury over Russia probe
- Aspirin `safe` for brain-bleed strokes
- Why N Korea called Biden an `imbecile`
- Record groundnut output makes farmers happy
- Two electrocuted in Bagerhat
- Voting on suspended 5 upazila on June 18
- Both BPL football matches end in draw
- Formation of the moon brought water to Earth
- Indo-Bangla ties to remain same whoever elected in India: Quader
- Saudi to execute 3 prominent scholars after Ramadan
- BB enhances usance period for raw materials import
- India’s EC rejects ballot tampering allegation
- US to legalize human composting
- Double duty to deject rice import
- HC for installation of fire extinguishers in all motor vehicles
- PM instructed to probe ‘fire in paddy field’
- Mashrafe leaves Dhaka to join team in England
- Shemai maker busy before Eid in Dinajpur
- Shakib reclaims top spot in ODI all-rounder rankings
- Bengal tiger number rises in Sundarbans
- Pakistani children worst affected in HIV outbreak
- Du’a of Intent to Fast and Breaking it
- `Papaya Juice` in Iftar
- UN to honor 12 Bangladeshi peacekeepers
- HC expressed anger over Greenline’s apathy
- Six dead in Indonesia post-election unrest
- Highest power generation recorded
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader returns home this evening
- Quader to join his office today
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- President reaches London
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Today’s sports on TV
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina prayed like mother: Quader
- Saudi Arabia to provide PR green card