World AIDS Day tomorrow
Published: 10:04 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 10:04 PM, 30 November 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The World Aids Day will be observed tomorrow (on Saturday) with the theme “Know Your Status” across the country as elsewhere in the globe.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina issued separate messages on the eve of the day wishing all-out success of the programs marking the day.
In separate messages, they appreciated the steps taken at the national level to observe the day.
In his message, President Abdul Hamid said, “The risk of the deadly disease, AIDS, is still prevailing in the country due to geographical location, unawareness, uncontrolled behavior of the vulnerable section of the people and fallacy among the people.”
The President called upon all for maintaining the conventional, religious, social and family discipline to control or prevent the HIV.
He stressed the importance of taking effective measures by the NGOs and development agencies alongside the government to increase awareness among the people remove prejudices and change the people’s behavior in this regard.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said her government is committed to bringing down the rate of HIV into 0 percent from the current less than 0.01 percent by 2030.
“I hope Bangladesh will become successful to eradicate the diseases by the stipulated time through collective efforts,” said the premier.
She said Bangladesh can be free of the AIDS risks through increasing awareness, controlling lifestyle, stopping drug abuse, developing morality, maintaining religious disciplines and taking proper treatment.
She urged different NGOs, development organizations and other agencies to play a vital role alongside the government in this regard.
She hoped that the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s dream of “Sonar Bangla” will be built through the implementation of “Vision 2021 and 2041” in the health sector of the country.
Health and Family Welfare Ministry will organize a discussion marking the Day at the auditorium of Krishibid Institution Bangladesh (KIB) at 11:00 am tomorrow where the Minister of the ministry Mohammed Nasim is expected to be present as the chief guest.
- Jaya Ahsan in spectral character
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Cox’s Bazar
- FM reaffirms for Rohingya send back
- Homemade delicious Beef Kala Bhuna
- China remains with Myanmar on Rohingya issue
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Treatment and medicine at Tk 5 only!
- Noble to fly for US
- RAB rescues abducted man from remote area, 4 held
- UNHCR praises Bangladesh
- Debiganj UNO office assistant killed in road crash
- Indian Cricket Board getting richer
- Day temp likely to fall (1-2) °C
- China’s hypersonic DF-17: Threat for regional stability
- Bede couple dies of snakebite in Satkhira
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- World Mosquito Day today
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon