Worker electrocuted in Basail
Published: 09:14 PM, 7 August 2020
A worker named Shipon Sarkar died after being electrocuted while operating an engine-driven boat at Basail in Tangail.
The accident took place near Basail Gobinda Government High School on Friday afternoon.
Sajjad Hossain Alal, councilor of ward 8 of Basail municipality confirmed the information. Shipon Basail, son of Punya Sarkar of Purbapara, was earth digging worker.
Witnesses said that in the afternoon, Shipon was going to dock with a motorboat after finishing the digging work. When he reached the area adjacent to Gobinda Government High School, he got touched with an electric cable. Immediately he fell from the boat. At that time, the people in the boat and the locals rescued him and took him to the Upazila Health Complex. He was later taken to Tangail General Hospital where doctors declared him dead.