`Wonder Woman` director Patty Jenkins leads AFI Award Function
Published: 01:25 PM, 6 January 2018 Updated: 03:20 PM, 7 January 2018
The American Film Institute`s annual function recognized its best film and television program on Friday where the Hollywood`s awards season is officially underway.
The celebration at the Four Seasons Hotel conveyed together the casts and creators celebrated movies and TV shows of 2017, many of which are also in contention for the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday.
"Wonder Woman"s film director Patty Jenkins led the guest of honor in that function. Jenkins said, We love what we do and it doesn`t always matter, but sometimes it does and it is always worth to try.
AFI president Bob Gazzale said that this is a place to be together as a community and it considers the conspectus and feels proud.
Director of "Insecure" and star Issa Rae greeted Universal Pictures chief, Donna Langley. Jenkins was part of a woman-power trio, chatting with Reese Witherspoon and "Lady Bird" writer-director Greta Gerwig. "Wonder Woman" star Gal Gadot also presented in that program and shared a mutual appreciation moment with Witherspoon and told her that she is a big fan of her works.
"Call Me By Your Name" stars Armie Hammer and Timothee Chalamet, both were present in that awards-season and stood together as they took in the celebrity-filled room as newcomers.
AFI named "Wonder Woman", ``The Post", ``Lady Bird", ``Three Billboards Outside Ebbing", "Missouri", ``The Big Sick", "Call Me By Your Name", "The Florida Project", ``Get Out," ``Dunkirk" and "The Shape of Water" as its top films of 2017.
AFI`s also pick TV shows that overlap with Globes nominees. The nominees are "Insecure", ``This Is Us", "Master of None", "Big Little Lies", "The Crown", "Game of Thrones", "The Handmaid`s Tale", ``The Good Place", "Stranger Things 2." A special award was given to "The Vietnam War" TV documentary series.
The guests will see each other throughout the weekend at the various events which will eventually lead up to the Globes. Some went straight from the AFI lunch to the HBO Luxury Lounge, also at the Four Seasons, where celebs could meet up with the new face in the film industry.
- We have good bilateral relations with India: Quader
- IUTA election in Islamic University
- Preparation afoot to observe victory day in Khulna tomorrow
- DMP detained 75 in anti-narcotic drive
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake in Philippines
- Buy 1 Saree get 1 kg onion free!
- JU adorned with Victory joy
- Motorcyclist killed in Rajshahi
- NZ volcano: Death toll rises to 16 with two still missing
- National Memorial prepared for Victory Day
- Shabnur returns!
- Dry weather likely over country
- 14 killed in Nepal bus crash
- Man held with 600 bottles of phensedyl
- Former Sudan President sentenced to 2 years detention
- List of 10 thousand Razakars published
- Tourist attractions in Sylhet
- Coutinho hits hat-trick as Bayern rout Werder Bremen
- 2 held with counterfeit currency in Sylhet
- Rajshahi claims top after Dhaka phase
- Protest sparked in West Bengal; 5 trains,15 buses set on fire
- Cargo vessel sinks collided with launch in Barishal
- Knitting factory gutted in Ashulia
- Musician, vocalist Prithwi Raj passes away
- Govt to publish list of Razakars today
- Motorcyclist killed in Pirganj
- Today’s sports on TV
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Gazipur freed today
- Made in Bangladesh’ expo in Qatar from Jan 28
- All News »
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Cardi B returns to court over strip club brawl allegations
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard