`Women entrepreneurs to get plots at BSCIC industrial estates`
Published: 10:35 PM, 20 July 2019
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun today said that plots would be allocated against the women entrepreneurs on priory basis at the district-level BSCIC industrial estates.
He also said that these plots would be allocated as per the recommendations of the Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BWCCI).
Besides, the minister revealed that a ‘Product display and sales center’ would be set up centrally at Purbachal for exhibiting and selling the produced products of the women entrepreneurs.
The industries minister said this while addressing the “BWCCI Progressive Award 2017-2018” as chief guest held at the conference room of the Institution of Diploma Engineers, Bangladesh in the capital, said a press release.
Chaired by BWCCI President Selima Ahmad, MP, country director of ADB Manmohan Parkash, Bangladesh Bank Deputy Governor SM Moniruzzaman, Eastern Bank Ltd Managing Director Ali Reza Iftekhar and Agrani Bank Ltd Managing Director Mohammad Shams-ul-Islam spoke, among others, on the occasion.
The women entrepreneurs at the function demanded of the industries minister to allocate stalls free of cost against them in various fairs organized by the SME Foundation and distribute credit among the young female entrepreneurs from the Taka 100 crore ‘Start up Fund’ which was included in the current budget.
Besides, they also demanded for extension of the training facilities for the female entrepreneurs at the rural-level.
They drew the attention of the banks and financial institutions for distributing up to taka 25 lakh collateral-free loans among the female entrepreneurs as per the circular of the Bangladesh Bank.
The industries minister also handed over the BWCCI Progressive Award 2017-2018 to 10 female entrepreneurs.
Besides, Imtiaz Ahmed Sohel of Shomoy Television was given award under electronic media category while Mansura Hossain of Prothom Alo under print media category.
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- World Mosquito Day today
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon