`Women entrepreneurs to get plots at BSCIC industrial estates`
Published: 10:35 PM, 20 July 2019
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun today said that plots would be allocated against the women entrepreneurs on priory basis at the district-level BSCIC industrial estates.
He also said that these plots would be allocated as per the recommendations of the Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BWCCI).
Besides, the minister revealed that a ‘Product display and sales center’ would be set up centrally at Purbachal for exhibiting and selling the produced products of the women entrepreneurs.
The industries minister said this while addressing the “BWCCI Progressive Award 2017-2018” as chief guest held at the conference room of the Institution of Diploma Engineers, Bangladesh in the capital, said a press release.
Chaired by BWCCI President Selima Ahmad, MP, country director of ADB Manmohan Parkash, Bangladesh Bank Deputy Governor SM Moniruzzaman, Eastern Bank Ltd Managing Director Ali Reza Iftekhar and Agrani Bank Ltd Managing Director Mohammad Shams-ul-Islam spoke, among others, on the occasion.
The women entrepreneurs at the function demanded of the industries minister to allocate stalls free of cost against them in various fairs organized by the SME Foundation and distribute credit among the young female entrepreneurs from the Taka 100 crore ‘Start up Fund’ which was included in the current budget.
Besides, they also demanded for extension of the training facilities for the female entrepreneurs at the rural-level.
They drew the attention of the banks and financial institutions for distributing up to taka 25 lakh collateral-free loans among the female entrepreneurs as per the circular of the Bangladesh Bank.
The industries minister also handed over the BWCCI Progressive Award 2017-2018 to 10 female entrepreneurs.
Besides, Imtiaz Ahmed Sohel of Shomoy Television was given award under electronic media category while Mansura Hossain of Prothom Alo under print media category.
- 8-yrs son on way demanding punishment of father’s killers
- Man arrested after London mosque stabbing
- CU also not to join combined admission test system
- Martin Braithwaite joins Barcelona
- US Embassy launches website in Bengali
- BSF officer commits suicide in Kashmir
- BD ranks 143 in improving quality of life in children
- Schoolgirl hangs for cellphone
- Train derailed in Australia kills 2
- Bangladeshi detained by BSF on Kurigram border
- Untold story of language fighter Momtaz Begum
- Fraud Nigerian detained in airport
- Tips to get rid of chickenpox scar
- 9 persons, one institution to get Independence Award
- DMP detained 57 in anti-narcotic drive
- Extinct wildcat recovered from Bhola
- S Korea confirms first coronavirus death
- Kohli needs 11 to surpass Ganguly
- Use of English still continues on billboards
- Convicted accused detained in Brahmanbaria
- 2 drug dealers detained in Capital
- Women’s T20 World Cup: Schedule of Tigresses
- 17 years of losing Golam Mustafa
- College teacher, child killed in Bogura road crash
- Language Movement and Manikganj
- SME Product Fair Magura from Feb 22
- Uphold dignity of mother language: PM
- Harry-Megan return to Britain
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Gunfight at banana orchard, drug dealer killed
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Soumya to get married this month
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM