Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
Published: 02:28 PM, 26 January 2020
A woman from Berlin, Germany, announced that she will finally tie the knot with her jumbo jet lover after dating her "darling" plane for six years.
Michele Köbke is planning to marry the Boeing 737-800 in what she hopes will be an intimate affair in the Netherlands.
While speaking to an international media outlet, the 30-year-old said that she met the love of her life in March 2014 when she was in Berlin Tegel airport and has even nicknamed the 737-800 "schatz" which translates to "darling".
Michele was immediately attracted to its wings, winglets and thrusters, and after six years of only being able to meet the plane through the glass window of the airport, she was able to kiss the 40-tonne jet and stand on one of its wings in September 2019.
"The time in the hangar was the most beautiful moment of my life and when I was with him, we enjoyed our time together, we kissed and I caressed him," she said.
"I plan to move into the hangar one day and my biggest dream is to be with Schatz and to live with him.
"I also want to marry him in the hangar and spend the whole night with him.
"I wouldn't want to put on a white dress, but dress really smartly with black trousers and a black blazer."
She has plans to meet the plane again in Amsterdam on March 18, 2020 for the wedding.
While friends and family of the besotted 30-year-old have accepted her relationship, Michele's family are not interested in meeting Schatz.
Michele admitted that she has only managed to meet her mechanical lover twice and when she can't be close to the 40-tonne jet she cradles its components in bed at night.
The saleswoman added: "I want to have someone marry us and say, 'do you want to marry your 737-800' and I say, 'yes', we kiss and then I'm immortalised with him and we can be together forever."
Michele’s affection for the aeroplane is known as objectophilia - when sexual or romantic attraction is focused on a particular inanimate object.
But Michele doesn’t see the physical side of her relationship with the Boeing as any different to with humans.
She said: “It’s like a normal relationship, we have relaxing evenings together and when we go to bed, we cuddle and fall asleep together."
- Gunfight at RAB checkpoint, 1 found dead
- Sound pollution, duo arrests in Ctg
- Crowd erupted at Cumilla Shaheed Minar
- Amar Ekushey Prabhat Feri observed in Sylhet
- 2 BCL leaders crashed to fetch flowers
- Tribute procession to Ctg Central Shaheed Minar
- Prabhat Feri observed in Shariatpur
- More 115 killed in lethal COVID-19 in a day
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Today’s sports on TV
- Syria-Turkey fierce fighting in Idlib kills 27
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- 8-yrs son on way demanding punishment of father’s killers
- Man arrested after London mosque stabbing
- CU also not to join combined admission test system
- Martin Braithwaite joins Barcelona
- US Embassy launches website in Bengali
- BSF officer commits suicide in Kashmir
- BD ranks 143 in improving quality of life in children
- Schoolgirl hangs for cellphone
- Train derailed in Australia kills 2
- Bangladeshi detained by BSF on Kurigram border
- Untold story of language fighter Momtaz Begum
- Fraud Nigerian detained in airport
- Tips to get rid of chickenpox scar
- 9 persons, one institution to get Independence Award
- DMP detained 57 in anti-narcotic drive
- Extinct wildcat recovered from Bhola
- S Korea confirms first coronavirus death
- All News »
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Falguni kills 5 workers in Gopalganj
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital