Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
Published: 11:33 AM, 21 July 2019 Updated: 12:13 PM, 21 July 2019
Taslima Begum Renu was killed in a lynch-mob attack in capital`s Badda on Saturday morning.
A case was lodged against 400-500 unnamed people over the death of a woman by angry mobs in capital's Badda area after they were suspected to be child-lifters.
Victims' nephew Nasir Uddin filed the case with Badda Police Station on Saturday night, said duty officer of the Badda Police Station SI Masud confirmed the matter.
On Saturday morning, Taslima Begum Renu was killed in a lynch-mob attack at Uttar Badda in the capital. Inspector Yasin Gazi of Badda police station said locals found the woman behaving suspiciously in front of Uttar Badda Govt Primary School around 8:00 am.
A rumour spread around that the woman was a child lifter, he said, adding that angry mob indiscriminately beat the woman, leaving her critically injured.
On information, police appeared at the spot, rescued the woman and took her to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where physicians declared her dead around 10:20 am, the inspector added.
Later, her nephew and sister Rehana identified the body of the deceased at DMCH in the evening. She has an 11-year-old son and four-year-old daughter. Two and a half years ago, she got divorced with Taslim Uddin. Since then, she had been living in a house in Mohakhali Wireless area with his children.
Nasir Uddin, the nephew of the victim, said Renu was suffering from mental illness. She was visiting from school to school to admit her four-year-old daughter in school. That's why she might go to Badda School.
- 8-yrs son on way demanding punishment of father’s killers
- Man arrested after London mosque stabbing
- CU also not to join combined admission test system
- Martin Braithwaite joins Barcelona
- US Embassy launches website in Bengali
- BSF officer commits suicide in Kashmir
- BD ranks 143 in improving quality of life in children
- Schoolgirl hangs for cellphone
- Train derailed in Australia kills 2
- Bangladeshi detained by BSF on Kurigram border
- Untold story of language fighter Momtaz Begum
- Fraud Nigerian detained in airport
- Tips to get rid of chickenpox scar
- 9 persons, one institution to get Independence Award
- DMP detained 57 in anti-narcotic drive
- Extinct wildcat recovered from Bhola
- S Korea confirms first coronavirus death
- Kohli needs 11 to surpass Ganguly
- Use of English still continues on billboards
- Convicted accused detained in Brahmanbaria
- 2 drug dealers detained in Capital
- Women’s T20 World Cup: Schedule of Tigresses
- 17 years of losing Golam Mustafa
- College teacher, child killed in Bogura road crash
- Language Movement and Manikganj
- SME Product Fair Magura from Feb 22
- Uphold dignity of mother language: PM
- Harry-Megan return to Britain
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Gunfight at banana orchard, drug dealer killed
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Soumya to get married this month
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM