Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
Published: 11:33 AM, 21 July 2019 Updated: 12:13 PM, 21 July 2019
Taslima Begum Renu was killed in a lynch-mob attack in capital`s Badda on Saturday morning.
A case was lodged against 400-500 unnamed people over the death of a woman by angry mobs in capital's Badda area after they were suspected to be child-lifters.
Victims' nephew Nasir Uddin filed the case with Badda Police Station on Saturday night, said duty officer of the Badda Police Station SI Masud confirmed the matter.
On Saturday morning, Taslima Begum Renu was killed in a lynch-mob attack at Uttar Badda in the capital. Inspector Yasin Gazi of Badda police station said locals found the woman behaving suspiciously in front of Uttar Badda Govt Primary School around 8:00 am.
A rumour spread around that the woman was a child lifter, he said, adding that angry mob indiscriminately beat the woman, leaving her critically injured.
On information, police appeared at the spot, rescued the woman and took her to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where physicians declared her dead around 10:20 am, the inspector added.
Later, her nephew and sister Rehana identified the body of the deceased at DMCH in the evening. She has an 11-year-old son and four-year-old daughter. Two and a half years ago, she got divorced with Taslim Uddin. Since then, she had been living in a house in Mohakhali Wireless area with his children.
Nasir Uddin, the nephew of the victim, said Renu was suffering from mental illness. She was visiting from school to school to admit her four-year-old daughter in school. That's why she might go to Badda School.
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna