Woman dead in Dhanmondi building fire
Published: 12:02 PM, 26 October 2019 Updated: 03:59 PM, 26 October 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
A woman has died of suffocation as a fire broke out at a multi-storey residential building in the capital's Dhanmondi area on Saturday morning.
The identity of the deceased could not be known immediately.
The fire originated at 9:25 am at on the third floor of a 12-storey building on road No 6A beside the Eidgah ground. On information, three firefighting units rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control after one hour of frantic efforts.
Farid Uddin, Operator of Fire Service Central Control Room, confirmed the information.
Three people including two women fell sick after breathing due to the smoke caused by the fire. Later, they were taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), where the woman died.
Inspector Bacchu Miah, in-charge of DMCH police outpost, said that the three persons were rushed to the hospital, where doctor declared the woman dead. The woman has died from suffocation, he added.
- Young found dead in Faridpur
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Gazipur fan factory fire kills 10
- Govt working to make armed forces more modern: PM
- Hasan urges foreign journos to project Bangladesh dev
- Saifuddin desperate to make a comeback
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Road crash kills woman in Capital
- UCBL- Sylhet Range Police sign agreement
- Pepper-water mixture relieves throat sore in two minute
- Road accidents kill 2 in Mohanpur
- Why Mushfiqur included IPL auction?
- HC rules against illegal rail crossings
- We have good bilateral relations with India: Quader
- IUTA election in Islamic University
- Preparation afoot to observe victory day in Khulna tomorrow
- DMP detained 75 in anti-narcotic drive
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake in Philippines
- Buy 1 Saree get 1 kg onion free!
- JU adorned with Victory joy
- Motorcyclist killed in Rajshahi
- NZ volcano: Death toll rises to 16 with two still missing
- National Memorial prepared for Victory Day
- Shabnur returns!
- Dry weather likely over country
- 14 killed in Nepal bus crash
- Man held with 600 bottles of phensedyl
- Former Sudan President sentenced to 2 years detention
- List of 10,789 Razakars published
- Tourist attractions in Sylhet
- All News »
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- Musician, vocalist Prithwi Raj passes away
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Cardi B returns to court over strip club brawl allegations
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today