‘Windies a threat to all teams at WC’
Published: 06:18 PM, 4 March 2019
Dwayne Bravo, the former West Indies all-rounder, is very impressed by his old team’s recent performances and believes they will be “a threat to all teams” at the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019.
The Windies drew 2-2 with England in a five-match one-day international in the Caribbean, and more than matched the No.1-ranked side in the MRF Tyres ICC ODI Team Rankings in the series. That, after securing an impressive 2-1 series win in the Tests.
Chris Gayle, set to retire after the World Cup, was the star of the series for the home side, along with the likes of Darren Bravo and Jason Holder, the captain, but the biggest takeaway for Bravo was the performance of the youngsters.
The likes of Shai Hope, Shimrom Hetmyer and Oshane Thomas all chipped in at various points during the series, and Bravo said it was a sign that the team was developing, and that they would cause problems for more established names at the World Cup.
“We have some good young players who have been improving and developing well and it is good to see the way the team is doing against England which is the number one ODI side,” Bravo said in Dubai.
“I have talked to captain Jason Holder and others and I believe this team will be a threat to all teams in the World Cup which is going to be a very open tournament this time. Anyone can do well on a given day, but I feel confident about West Indies as we see a good mix of experience and youth.”
Bravo announced his retirement from international cricket in October last year, and is currently a freelance T20 all-rounder. He has won two ICC Men’s T20 World Cups with West Indies, but says he is enjoying the present phase of his career, playing for T20 franchises the world over.
“For me, this is a game I was born to play as a kid,” said Bravo. “It was my childhood dream to play. I am happy playing it, fans come and pay to watch us and get entertained.
“I play the game in the right kind of spirit and the way it should be played. We need to have fun and that’s what DJ Bravo is about, that’s what is my brand is about.”
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday