Why exclusion of PEC candidates not illegal: HC
Published: 09:19 PM, 21 November 2019
The High Court has issued a rule on Thursday seeking to know why expulsion of candidates in the Primary Education Completion (PEC) and Ebtedayee exams should not be declared illegal.
At the same time, the court sought an explanation as to why section 11 of the directives in this regard issued by the Primary Education Directorate last year should not be declared illegal.
The rule also sought an explanation as to why the expelled examinees would not be directed to sit for the examinations again.
The bench of Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Md Mostafizur Rahman issued the suo moto rule.
Supreme Court lawyer AM Zamiul Haque placed a report published in a national daily titled “Why children expulsion in PEC examination” before the court and sought its necessary directives in this regard.
The Primary and Mass Education Secretary, Director General of Primary Education Directorate, Director General of National Academy for Primary Education, Madrasah Education Board Chairman were asked to respond to the rule within two weeks.
The court fixed December 10 for the next hearing.
According to the report, 15 children were expelled during this year’s Primary and Ebtedayee Terminal examinations at different places.
- SpaceX delivers `mighty mice,` worms, robot to space station
- BBPL inaugurated with huge enthusiasm and fanfare
- Unidentified child killed in Capital train-crash
- Remove Mithila, Fahmi’s personal photos from online platforms: HC
- 431 IU ‘B’ unit seats remain vacant
- Dengue rules Lakmal out of Pakistan Tests
- BJSC-BUP Sangsad Pres Soumik, GS Kona
- Iran says new budget bucks US oil embargo, uses Russian loan
- Cleansing operation must succeed
- Bangladesh create history securing 14 golds
- 2 killed in Jhenaidah
- Application for admission begins in SAU
- Bangladesh out of title race
- NBR Chairman hopes for 20pc revenue growth
- ‘E-TIN holders to be forced for return submission’
- Ten cattle stolen in one night
- Mahmudullah doubtful in BBPL opener
- BPL inaugural ceremony kicks off
- WI opt to bowl against India
- PM distributes National Film Awards
- Motorcyclist killed in Dinajpur road crash
- Drug dealer detained in Gazipur
- 40 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- Nantie Hayward named as Sylhet Thunder’s bowling coach
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Bangladesh U-23 team lost to Sri Lanka
- 20 killed in Syria air strikes
- Export trade closed for 6 hours at Benapole
- Lemon-tamarind pomfret fish fry
- Light to moderate fog likely
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Salman Khan sunken in Afghan beauty
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Remittance inflow increases by 31.75pc in November