Which dengue test report is correct?
Published: 10:32 PM, 5 August 2019 Updated: 10:32 PM, 5 August 2019
A dengue NS1 Ag test report got two different kinds of results in Kaliganj Upazila, Jhenaidah.
Jhenaidah schoolgirl Rubaba Jaman was suffering from fever for two days. As per doctor's suggestion Dengue NS1 Ag test had been done in the two medical establishments. Although the test was the same, there were two types of reports. Rubaba and her family were shocked.
The incident took place on Sunday morning at the City Diagnostic Center in Kaliganj Upazila, Jhenaidah and Jessore Lab Aid.
Rubaba is the daughter of Parveen Khatun, a teacher in Kaliganj city. Parveen said, “She was taken to Kaliganj Health Complex on Sunday morning when she had a fever. There, the doctor suggested to Dengue NS1 Ag test. The test was done at the City Diagnostic and Medical Center in the morning as advised. On seeing the report, the doctor at the health complex said that Rubaba was infected with dengue fever and advised her to take to Jessore for better treatment.”
Parveen added that to be more sure about the test report it was sent to familiar Dr Kazi Nowsheel Nawal Akash (in Messenger). He expressed skepticism in the report to Dengue-positive results with a range of 1.7. According to his suggestion, Jessore Lab Aid conducted the same test and the report came back with a negative result. The patient's family is worried about which of the two reports is correct.
Parveen said, "If the result of the lab aid is not correct and the City Diagnostic is correct, then my daughter may become ill without treatment. And if the result of the lab aid is correct then immediate action should be taken against it. Otherwise, many people like me will be deceived.”
Kaliganj Upazila Health Officer Hussein Safayet said, "It is not possible to confirm which one is correct when the same test is different in two establishments. The matter will be reported to the concerned authorities.”
Daily Bangladesh/ Obaydulla/Sohug
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing