Alexa Which dengue test report is correct?

Dhaka, Monday   23 September 2019


Which dengue test report is correct?

 Staff Correspondent

 Published: 10:32 PM, 5 August 2019   Updated: 10:32 PM, 5 August 2019

File Photo

File Photo

A dengue NS1 Ag test report got two different kinds of results in Kaliganj Upazila, Jhenaidah.

Jhenaidah schoolgirl Rubaba Jaman was suffering from fever for two days. As per doctor's suggestion Dengue NS1 Ag test had been done in the two medical establishments. Although the test was the same, there were two types of reports. Rubaba and her family were shocked.

The incident took place on Sunday morning at the City Diagnostic Center in Kaliganj Upazila, Jhenaidah and Jessore Lab Aid.

Rubaba is the daughter of Parveen Khatun, a teacher in Kaliganj city. Parveen said, “She was taken to Kaliganj Health Complex on Sunday morning when she had a fever. There, the doctor suggested to Dengue NS1 Ag test. The test was done at the City Diagnostic and Medical Center in the morning as advised. On seeing the report, the doctor at the health complex said that Rubaba was infected with dengue fever and advised her to take to Jessore for better treatment.”

Parveen added that to be more sure about the test report it was sent to familiar  Dr Kazi Nowsheel Nawal Akash (in Messenger).  He expressed skepticism in the report to Dengue-positive results with a range of 1.7. According to his suggestion, Jessore Lab Aid conducted the same test and the report came back with a negative result. The patient's family is worried about which of the two reports is correct.

Parveen said, "If the result of the lab aid is not correct and the City Diagnostic is correct, then my daughter may become ill without treatment.  And if the result of the lab aid is correct then immediate action should be taken against it. Otherwise, many people like me will be deceived.”

Kaliganj Upazila Health Officer Hussein Safayet said, "It is not possible to confirm which one is correct when the same test is different in two establishments. The matter will be reported to the concerned authorities.”

Daily Bangladesh/ Obaydulla/Sohug