Uttarakhand Cup-2 T20
Wheelchair cricketers eyeing to win title
Published: 06:51 PM, 12 December 2019
A 16-member Bangladesh National Wheelchair Cricket team will fly for India on December 16 to take part in Uttarakhand Cup-2 T20, an international tournament for cricketers with disabilities, scheduled for December 19-23 at the Gandhi Park in Indian state Uttarakhand.
Four Asian countries for the first time in the history of any wheelchair cricket tournament will compete in the tournament. The participating teams are Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan and host India.
Bangladesh will play against Afghanistan on December 19 while taking on Nepal on December 20 and meet host India on December 21.
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) will provide technical support to the national wheelchair team for the tour while six other organizations including Orion Group, BRAC, ABC Radio, Imago Sports Management Limited, Nafi Group and BD Crick Time, will bear all the expenses.
Ahead of the tournament, the details were disclosed in a press conference and the jersey unveiling function at the BRAC Centre conference room in Mohakhali on Thursday.
Bangladesh Wheelchair Cricket team Captain Mohammad Mohsin, Team Manager Md Mahbubur Rahman Chowdhury Palash, BRAC Human Resources and Learning Division Director Maria Haq and Co-founder of Imago Sports Management Ltd Quazi Sabir were present on the occasion.
Captain Mohammad Mohsin said that they are prepared for the tournament and confident of winning the title. “We’re satisfied with our preparations. If we perform well, we can win the title,” he said.
“We’ll be facing Afghanistan for the first time but as the newcomers, we expect to make a good result against them,” the captain added.
Earlier, the Bangladesh Wheelchair Cricket team emerged champions in the International Bilateral Wheelchair T20 Cricket Series’2018 in Maharashtra and in the 2nd Int’l Tri-Nation Wheelchair T20 Cricket Series’2018 in Uttarakhand.
Bangladesh Wheelchair Cricket Team: Md Mohsin (C), Nur Nahiyan (VC), Md Mithu, Sazzad Hossain, Md Ripon Uddin, Md Rajan Hossain, Md Mohidul Islam, Md Morshed Alam, Swapan Dewan, Khandakar Nafiur, Ujjal Bairagi, Rony Gain, Robin Gain and Ratul Islam.
Team Manager: Md Mahbubur Rahman Chowdhury Palash
Coach: Islam Ahmed
- 48 held in anti-narcotics drive in capital
- Two sibling among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- India’s SC refuses to stay Citizenship Act
- Mysterious virus: China warns against travel to Wuhan
- Bone-chilling cold in Kurigram, mercury falls to 7.2°C
- Rohingya Genocide: ICJ to announce verdict tomorrow
- Death toll hits 9 with 440 coronavirus cases: China
- 50 shops gutted in Ukhia fire
- HC bans laminated posters in city polls
- E-passport launched
- One year of losing Imtiaz Bulbul
- China’s ‘Coronavirus’ now attacks US, one died
- Demolition of BGMEA building started
- E-passport to be launched today
- Paturia-Daulatdia ferry services resume
- Naval services on Paturia-Daulatdia halted
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona to face Ibiza tonight
- BNP is a failed political party: Quader
- 2 held over ‘rape’ of girl in N’ganj
- Srijit was hot-headed before marriage: Raima
- Ishita sings with son
- 11 held with marijuana-cash in Bhairab
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- Tigers’ Pak T20 series rescheduled
- Newborn baby found wrapped in lungi
- No alternative to eating alone to lose weight!
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- 2 Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir gunfight
- Three-way traffic collision kills 4 in Keraniganj
- Child drowned in Faridpur
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- China’s new virus likely to spread around
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Arrest warrant against Prothom Alo Editor