What will and won’t do during strict lockdown
Published: 02:49 PM, 12 April 2021 Updated: 08:02 PM, 12 April 2021
Hotels and restaurants will remain open from 12pm to 7pm and 12am to 6am only for takeaway and online services. Photo: Collected
The government has issued a gazette notification with details on the strict restrictions in eight-days lockdown which will be imposed from April 14 to April 21 midnight to curb the sharp rise in Covid-19 infections and deaths.
The Cabinet Division issued the notification on Monday afternoon.
The directives issued in the notification are -
1. All government, semi-government, private offices and financial institutions will remain closed. All the officers and employees of the organization will have to stay at their respective workplaces. However, offices of air, sea, naval and land ports will be out of the purview of the restrictions.
2. The Bangladesh Supreme Court will issue necessary instruction for courts.
3. All modes of transport (road, river, rail, domestic and international) will remain suspended. However, the directive will not be applicable on the vehicles involved in carrying goods, production and emergency services.
4. Factories and industries will remain open under the authorities' arrangement, maintaining health safety guidelines. The authorities will ensure the pick-up and drop-off services for the respective workers.
5. Law enforcing agencies, emergency services like transporting agricultural products (seed, fertiliser, pesticide, machines, etc), food and food grains carrying vehicles, relief distribution, health services, Covid-19 vaccination, power, water, gas/energy services, port activities, telephone and internet (government, private), media, private security services, postal services and offices of emergency products and movement of their staff will be out of the purview of the restriction.
6. No one will be allowed to go out except for emergencies (buying medicines, daily commodities, medical treatment, and burial). Vaccine recipients can go out to take vaccine but they must show vaccine cards.
7. Hotels and restaurants will remain open from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm and 12:00 am to 6:00 am only for takeaway and online services. Shopping malls and shops will remain closed.
8. Kitchen stuff and other essentials can be sold in open spaces from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, maintaining health rules. Market authorities and local administration will ensure it.
9. District administration will coordinate transportation of labourers in case of emergency Boro harvesting.
10. District and field administrations will take initiatives to ensure implementation of the government outlines. They will also strengthen the patrolling of law enforcing agencies.
11. Director-General of Health will provide authority to district administration and police to take action on his behalf.
12. The Ministry of Religious Affairs will issue instructions over the jamaat of Jumma and Tarabi prayers, maintaining health guidelines.
13. The ministries and departments can issue supplementary instructions for executing the government restrictions.