West Indies set 332 targets for BCB XI
Published: 01:46 PM, 6 December 2018 Updated: 01:57 PM, 6 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Visiting West Indies sets up 332-run target to chase down for Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) XI in the only 50-over warm-up match at the BKSP.
Send to bat first, Kieran Powell has opened with Shai Hope. Their 101 runs opening stand ended by Nazmul Islam. Who send KOA Powell for 43 off 49.
Shai Hope and DM Bravo added 58 runs in the second wickets stand. Bravo scored 24 off 33 before being gone out by Mehedi Hasan Rana. After an entertaining inning during which he struck, six fours and three sixes, West Indies opener Shai Hope 81 off 84 is stumped off Nazmul Islam Apu. Hope followed Darren Bravo, who was out three overs ago as the BCB XI fight back.
After going for 14 runs in his fourth over, Bangladesh ODI skipper Mashrafe Bin Mortaza comes back in style, getting fellow veteran Marlon Samuels caught for five on 175.
West Indies have lost four wickets for 17 runs as BCB XI roar back into contention. Skipper Rovman Powell departs for a duck, caught behind off off-spinner Shamim Hossain Patoary.
After a quickfire 39-run sixth-wicket partnership with Roston Chase in 6.2 overs, talented West Indies youngster Shimron Hetmyer is caught off Rubel Hossain when he gets a top-edge off an attempted pull shot on 215/6.
After a middle-order collapse West Indies' lower-middle order batsmen have gotten them back on track and although Shimron Hetmyer's wicket set them back, they will count on the current pair to take the total to 300.
Rubel removes the dangerous-looking Fabian Allen (48), who swipes across the line without any feet movement to be caught plumb in front. Then Mehedi removes Paul (2) on 296. But RL chase unbeaten 65 off 51 help the visitor to reach 331/8 in 50 overs.
Nazmul Islam, Rubel Hossain, and Mehedi Hasan Rana each took 2 wickets for BCB XI. Mashrafe and Shamim took 1 each.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor