Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
Published: 11:42 AM, 18 July 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Fifty villages under five UPs in Bhuapur of Tangail were inundated as water levels of the Jamuna river are flowing above the danger level. The villagers were remain marooned in flood waters and suffering inhumane living conditions.
According to the Water Development Board, the Jamuna river is flowing 72cm above the danger point since wednesday noon.
Many families of the upazila have left their homes and have taken shelter on flood control embankments and shelter enters. 37 educational institutions are remained closed due to the floods.
According to the information of the Upazila Relief and Rehabilitation Office, pepole from four villages of Govindasi UP, eight villages of Nikrail UP, six villages of Gubsara UP, 18 villages of Arjuna UP and three villages of Falda UP were marooned.
Ansar Ali of Rajapur under Gabsara said, "We are suffering extreme ss my house is under the water, I took shelter in the shelter center. There has a shortage of food and drinking water."
UP chairman Maniruzzaman Monir said, "Full of our UP is Char area. Because of this about 50 villages were inundated in the flood. Relief assistance has been distributed to the flood affected people."
Bhuapur's UNO Jhoton Chanda said that every possible step have been taken in collaboration with the flood victims. Several medical teams have been formed for their treatment.
Rezaul Karim, deputy assistant engineer of Science section of Tangail Paubo said, the water level of Jamuna, Pungli, Jhenai, Bongshai and Dhaleshwari have risen more due to incessant downpours and the rush of water from upstream. The Jamuna river is flowing 72 centimeters above the danger point while the Dhaleshwari and Jhenai river are flowing 89 centimeters and 45 centimeters above the danger point respectively.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC