Walton to enter stock market
Published: 08:13 PM, 26 November 2018 Updated: 08:13 PM, 26 November 2018
Walton Hi-Tech Industries Limited, a sister concern of Bangladeshi electronic giant Walton, is going to enter the stock market.
Moreover, Walton has been targeting to expand its international market and flourish as a multi-national brand though exporting high quality 'Made in Bangladesh' products.
The authorized capital of the company has been shown Tk 600 crore. And the paid-up capital is Tk 300 crore. Walton is not giving any private placements in the stock market. The company will float IPO (initial public offering) in the stock market through book building system. AAA Finance & Investment Ltd. acts as the issue manager of Walton in the capital market while Prime Bank Investment Limited is its registrar to issue.
Walton's Additional Operative Director Md Yaqub Ali FCA said "The technological excellence of Bangladesh is now an example for other countries in the world. Walton is now the country's number one brand of electronics products. The main objective is to involve our people with the development of Walton."
He said Walton High-tech Industries Limited has achieved admiration in home and abroad for producing world-class refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners.
Walton launched the country's first and only compressor manufacturing plant last year which resulted in the emergence of Bangladesh as the eighth compressor producing country in Asia and 15th in the world.
The 'Made in Bangladesh' labeled compressors, its parts, refrigerators and various products are exported to different countries in the world. Now aiming the world market, Walton is planning to increase its production of refrigerators and air conditioners with latest technology and design.
Edward Kim, head of Walton's International Business Unit (IBU) said the company has set a target of earning $1 billion by 2028 through the export of technology products and spare parts.
Abul Bashar Hawlader, Executive Director and CFO of Walton, said the company follows the Corporate Governance Code-2018.
- Kartoa land more fertile for tea: Experts
- BNP’s anti-govt comts over city fire improper: Hasan
- Chelsea banned from signing new players
- W.House to keep 200 troops in Syria
- Kartoa Valley land more fertile for tea cultivation: Experts
- Pres at doa for Chawkbazar victims
- DNA samples collected to identify charred bodies
- `Govt instructs to shift godowns from old Dhaka`
- Saudi crown prince meets Chinese president, bags oil deal
- 80 grave ready in Azimpur
- Venezuela seals border
- Unknown panic in Bilchandak!
- Mosquitos killed more humans than all wars
- Dipu Moni emphasizes on lifelong learning for sustainable dev
- No gate keeper in rail crossing
- 7.5 quake hits Peru-Ecuador border
- World`s largest bee found in INDO
- Youth hacked dead in Gazipur
- Chawkbazar fire: Chandpur`s 2 dead
- Kulkhani and Doa Mahfil tomorrow
- ‘Uro Megher Boshonto’ of Nilanjana Neela
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire
- 5 killed in gunfight in 4 districts
- Govt thinking alternative to gas cylinder for Vehicle: Quader
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- Venezuela to close border with Brazil
- ‘Chemicals found in building, had no fire-fighting system’
- Trump bars IS woman from returning home
- Why sleep is good for your arteries
- Night and day temp may rise
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP