WB to aid in Delta Plan IMP
Published: 07:08 PM, 11 July 2019
The World Bank will assist Bangladesh in investment flow and funding to implement Delta Plan.
World Bank's Regional Director of South Asia John Roome disclosed this in a meeting with State Minister for Water Resources Zahid Faruque at noon on Thursday.
Sources said that, in the meeting, the State Minister highlighted the initiatives of the Ministry of Water Resources and the upcoming action plan to adapt the climate change and adaptation activities to achieve sustainable growth.
The State Minister also said that since Delta Plan has been associated with implementation of a number of programs and projects for a long time, so many obstacles will also be faced. “That is why we are expecting more cooperation from global development partners like the World Bank to achieve the goal of Delta Plan,” added Zahid Faruque.
In the discussion, Water Resources Secretary Kabir Bin Anwar urged the World Bank to extend all-round cooperation to the Delta Plan, the source also informed.
Meanwhile, the World Bank representative John Roome discussed the World Bank's strong support for the implementation of the Delta Plan, and emphasized to make a core group and a field of mutual cooperation through its implementation, another sources informed.
Program leader Sanjay Srivastava, Senior Disaster Risk Management Specialist Swarna Kazi and Senior Water Resource Management Specialist ATM Khalekuzzaman of the John Roome led group while additional secretary of the Ministry of Water Resources Mahmudul Islam, Joint Chiefs of Water Resources and Private Secretary of the Minister of Water Resources Noor Alam in the State minister Zahid Faruque led group attended the meeting.
- Repatriation halts due to Rohingya’s distrust to Myanmar
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don`t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- New DC in Chuadanga-Khagrachari
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Two senior DMP officials transferred
- New heroine with Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves