Volatile temporary dam
Published: 02:24 PM, 25 February 2019
Local farmers have made volatile temporary dams for water in Parshuram municipality, Chithlia, Box Mahmud and Fulgazi area of Feni district.
Rabiul Islam, a farmer of North Kolapara village in Parshuram said, the flow of water in the area of Muhuri in Bangladesh part has been reduced due to keeping the water restricted in India border. In the meantime the irrigation pump stopped working in a short time due to water crisis. For a long time, despite frequent demand to the administration, no rewards came out for a long past.
In this, the temporary dam is made voluntary with farmers’ efforts. We hope no crisis of water to cultivate boro will remain any more.
Farmer Abul Hossain said, the farmers would be benefited if a planned dame built. Meanwhile, Parshuram Upazila Parishad Chairman Kamal Uddin Majumdar, Raselul Kader, Fulgazi Upazila Awami League President Haji Jamal Uddin visit the temporary construction work.
Parshuram Upazila Agriculture Officer Sirajul Islam said that the problem of temporary water will be solved. It is important to place a rubber dam in permanent solution. In the current Boro season of Paroshur Upazila, 3 thousand two hundred hectares of land will be cultivated according to the target.
- Polio outbreak in Philippines
- 24 Rohingyas detained in Ctg
- Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
- BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
- ICMAB holds talks on sustainability, global reporting initiatives
- Masakadza wins Zimbabwe in outing match
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last yr
- RAB surrounds 3 more clubs in city
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- U-23 India series: Bangladesh lost to host by 34 runs
- PM leaves for NY to join UNGA
- Arjun Kapoor trolls Alia Bhatt
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president Shafiqul detains
- Zim’s captain to farewell intl cricket
- Salman leaps with joy as Katrina sets IIFA 2019 stage on fire
- Why Srabanti suddenly in Dhaka?
- SBMC under teacher crisis
- Zimbabwe inept to pay hotel rent!
- World’s ‘smallest’ mosque located in Bangladesh!
- RAB surrounds Kalabagan Krira Chakra
- Afghanistan wins toss, opts to bat
- Supreme Court to rule next week on UK parliament suspension
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test tomorrow
- Elephant panic on Bakshiganj border
- 508 new dengue patients hospitalized in 24 hrs
- Casino Khaled ousted from Jubo League
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Before and after procedures of eyebrow threading
- Film Artistes’ Association polls on Oct 18
- ‘Cinescope’ launches with film festival
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- DU admission test begins
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean