Verdict on 2 Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ today
Published: 10:43 AM, 24 April 2019
The International Crimes Tribunal (ICT)-1 will deliver its verdict on Wednesday in the crimes against humanity case against two alleged war criminals from Netrokona, Hedayet Ullah alias Anju, 80 and Sohrab Fakir alias Sohrab Ali alias Sorap Ali, 88.
Justice Md Shahinur Islam, chairman of the three-judge panel of the ICT-1, on Tuesday, fixed the date for the verdict delivery.
Earlier on March 7, the first tribunal had said it would pass judgement in the case any day, as both the prosecution and the defence sides concluded their arguments in the case on that day.
On January 10, 2017, the tribunal took into cognizance the formal charge submitted by the prosecution.
At that time, there were three accused in the case, Hedayet Ullah Anju, his brother Enayet Ullah Monju and Sohrab Fakir. Of them, Monju and Sohrab were arrested.
However, on January 25, 2017, Monju died of old age complications at the Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH). Now Sohrab is in jail, while Anju is yet to be arrested.
On December 13, 2017, the ICT-1 framed six specific charges of crimes including genocide, deportation, killing and torture against them.
According to the prosecution, the three accused were members of Peace Committee and later formed Razakar Bahini in their locality.
They committed horrendous crimes against humanity in villages of Modhuakhali, Mobarakpur, Sukhari and Madan, among other areas during the War of Liberation in 1971.
- Councillor Rajib placed on 14-day remand
- 30 killed as bus skids off road, bursts into flames
- 9 new HC judges to take oath today
- T20 WC Qualifier: Canada faces Nigeria today
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- Four to die for murder in Faridpur
- DIG Bajlur of JD arrested for possessing illegal money
- Rohit`s 212 put India on top
- Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
- 4 killed in cops-mob clash following facebook post
- Khulna beat Rajshahi in NCL 2nd round
- BCB to issue T-Ten NOC through talks
- Auto-driver killed after being hit by pickup
- Investigations are being made about many others: Quader
- Samad succeeds in farming vegetables in fisheries farms
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- BUET students’ call off protests
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated