Valid 15, invalid 11 in appeal
Published: 02:50 PM, 6 December 2018 Updated: 02:50 PM, 6 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
In the first face of candidates nomination, papers checking hearing 15 found valid and 11 candidates lost legitimacy.
Whose nomination valid are Golam Maula Rony of Patuakhali-3 constituency, Tamizuddin in Dhaka-20 constituency, Morshed Milton in Bogra-7 constituency, Major (retd) Akhteruzzaman, Kishoreganj-2 constituency, Abdul Majid, Satkhira-2 Md. Afsar Ali, Jamalpur-4 constituency Faridul Kabir Talukder Shamim, Madaripur-1 Jahirul Islam Mintu, Sylhet-3 Abdul Qayyum Chowdhury, Joypurhat-1 Fazlur Rahman, Manikganj-2 Md. Abidur Rahman Khan, Sirajganj -3 Md: Ainal Haq, Gazipur-2 Md Mahbub Alam, Pabna-3 constituency Hasanul Islam Hira and Zubair Ahmed in Habiganj-1 constituency.
Who are rejected, Nawab Md Shamsul Huda of Chapainawabganj-1, Chapainawabganj-2 seats Tayeb Ali, Mohammad Abdul Khaled of Madaripur-3 constituency, Mokarm Hossain of Dinajpur-7 constituency, Md. Parvez Hossain Of Dinajpur-1 constituency, Thakurgaon-3 SM Khalilur Rahman, Feni-1 Mizanur Rahman, Kishoreganj-3 seats. Mizanul Haque, Bogra-4 Ashraful Hossain Alam (Hero Alam), Habiganj-2 Zakir Hossain and Dhaka-14 Saifuddin Ahmed.
The decisions were announced on the tribunal of the hearing committee in the capital's Agargaon election building on Thursday morning.
The appeal hearing for candidates who have been canceled will go on till December 8. The Election Commission (EC) will hear this three-day hearing.
On the first day of the hearing, the program started on 11th floor of the 11th floor of Agargaon. The other Election Commissioners including Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda are also present.
The hearings will continue until the hearing starts from the morning and the application number is finalized. The Commission will settle all the appeals on the day fixed.
According to the EC sources, there are 543 appeals filed for returning candidecy. On first day from 1 to 160 persons hearing to be heard. The hearing on the second day will be 161 to 310. On the last day of December 8, the hearing will be held on 311 to 543.
Earlier on December 2, the day of nomination was selected. Of the total 3,65 nomination papers submitted across the country, 2,797 nomination papers are valid and 786 nomination papers are declared illegal, according to the Returning Officers. Among them, BNP has 141, Awami League 3 and Jatiya Party's 38 nomination papers. Apart from this, more than 384 nomination papers have been canceled.
A total of 39 political parties are participating in this election. In the nomination papers submitted to the Returning Officer's office, a total of 2,5657 candidates submitted their nomination papers. This included 498 nomination papers of independent candidates.
According to the announced schedule, the last time to withdraw candidacy on December 9. And on the 10th December is the allocation day. The election will be held on December 30.
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Students’ council formed in 8,684 schools
- Fire broke in Cumilla Moon Hospital
- ‘Chemical’ evidence found in Churihatta fire incident
- Wazed Mia works for humanity: Speaker
- Ultra-processed foods links cancer risk
- 10 shops gutted in Melandaha
- None would be able to destroy Bengali culture: PM
- Kartoa land more fertile for tea: Experts
- BNP’s anti-govt comts over city fire improper: Hasan
- Chelsea banned from signing new players
- W.House to keep 200 troops in Syria
- Kartoa Valley land more fertile for tea cultivation: Experts
- Pres at doa for Chawkbazar victims
- DNA samples collected to identify charred bodies
- `Govt instructs to shift godowns from old Dhaka`
- Saudi crown prince meets Chinese president, bags oil deal
- 80 grave ready in Azimpur
- Venezuela seals border
- Unknown panic in Bilchandak!
- Mosquitos killed more humans than all wars
- Dipu Moni emphasizes on lifelong learning for sustainable dev
- No gate keeper in rail crossing
- 7.5 quake hits Peru-Ecuador border
- World`s largest bee found in INDO
- Youth hacked dead in Gazipur
- Chawkbazar fire: Chandpur`s 2 dead
- Kulkhani and Doa Mahfil tomorrow
- ‘Uro Megher Boshonto’ of Nilanjana Neela
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP