Valid 15, invalid 11 in appeal
Published: 02:50 PM, 6 December 2018 Updated: 02:50 PM, 6 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
In the first face of candidates nomination, papers checking hearing 15 found valid and 11 candidates lost legitimacy.
Whose nomination valid are Golam Maula Rony of Patuakhali-3 constituency, Tamizuddin in Dhaka-20 constituency, Morshed Milton in Bogra-7 constituency, Major (retd) Akhteruzzaman, Kishoreganj-2 constituency, Abdul Majid, Satkhira-2 Md. Afsar Ali, Jamalpur-4 constituency Faridul Kabir Talukder Shamim, Madaripur-1 Jahirul Islam Mintu, Sylhet-3 Abdul Qayyum Chowdhury, Joypurhat-1 Fazlur Rahman, Manikganj-2 Md. Abidur Rahman Khan, Sirajganj -3 Md: Ainal Haq, Gazipur-2 Md Mahbub Alam, Pabna-3 constituency Hasanul Islam Hira and Zubair Ahmed in Habiganj-1 constituency.
Who are rejected, Nawab Md Shamsul Huda of Chapainawabganj-1, Chapainawabganj-2 seats Tayeb Ali, Mohammad Abdul Khaled of Madaripur-3 constituency, Mokarm Hossain of Dinajpur-7 constituency, Md. Parvez Hossain Of Dinajpur-1 constituency, Thakurgaon-3 SM Khalilur Rahman, Feni-1 Mizanur Rahman, Kishoreganj-3 seats. Mizanul Haque, Bogra-4 Ashraful Hossain Alam (Hero Alam), Habiganj-2 Zakir Hossain and Dhaka-14 Saifuddin Ahmed.
The decisions were announced on the tribunal of the hearing committee in the capital's Agargaon election building on Thursday morning.
The appeal hearing for candidates who have been canceled will go on till December 8. The Election Commission (EC) will hear this three-day hearing.
On the first day of the hearing, the program started on 11th floor of the 11th floor of Agargaon. The other Election Commissioners including Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda are also present.
The hearings will continue until the hearing starts from the morning and the application number is finalized. The Commission will settle all the appeals on the day fixed.
According to the EC sources, there are 543 appeals filed for returning candidecy. On first day from 1 to 160 persons hearing to be heard. The hearing on the second day will be 161 to 310. On the last day of December 8, the hearing will be held on 311 to 543.
Earlier on December 2, the day of nomination was selected. Of the total 3,65 nomination papers submitted across the country, 2,797 nomination papers are valid and 786 nomination papers are declared illegal, according to the Returning Officers. Among them, BNP has 141, Awami League 3 and Jatiya Party's 38 nomination papers. Apart from this, more than 384 nomination papers have been canceled.
A total of 39 political parties are participating in this election. In the nomination papers submitted to the Returning Officer's office, a total of 2,5657 candidates submitted their nomination papers. This included 498 nomination papers of independent candidates.
According to the announced schedule, the last time to withdraw candidacy on December 9. And on the 10th December is the allocation day. The election will be held on December 30.
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- 300 orphan received PM’s Eid gifts
- Lightning kills three in Habiganj
- Injury scare for Eoin Morgan
- Tigers’ fan song ‘Cholo Bangladesh’ for World Cup composed
- High-security Ebola burials spark dismay, anger in DR Congo
- SpaceX launches first satellites of its internet network
- Mosque blast kills 2 in Pakistan
- British PM Theresa May announces to resign
- Itikaf: Significance and its virtues in Ramadan
- Sri Lanka to bowl first against SA
- Two country`s pending issues will be resolved: Quader
- Modi plots course after landslide Indian election win
- Kushtia Tailors passing busy time
- 3 more Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Jenner, Banderas, turn out for glitzy amfAR gala near Cannes
- Rain with gusty wind likely over country
- PCB bans wives and family from travelling with team
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- `Final should not decide my future`
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- Shakib-less Bangladesh opt to field
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar