Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
Published: 12:33 PM, 14 February 2020
Two occasions, Pahela Falgun and Valentine's Day are being celebrated simultaneously today across the country though the people of Bangladesh used to celebrate the 'Boshonto Utshob' on 13 February every year according to the previous history of the Bangla calendar.
The Bangla calendar was synced with the Gregorian calendar to make it scientifically accurate that set February 14 as the first day of the spring month, Falgun, every year.
Today, the people from all walks of life including young express their love feelings to their loved ones with exchanging flowers. There will be a variety of spring ceremonies in the floral environment.
The whole country seems festive because of celebrating the spring as well as Valentine's.
Not only this day, the new Bengali calendar has been made in harmony with some historic days of 1971 that make changes in some dates of Bangla calendar though the English calendar remain as before. In this new calendar, the Bangla date of National Day will be the same every year from now.
The joy that comes back to nature in spring, is observed in many countries. The funny thing is that we observe the spring in colorful clothes, but in the neighboring country India, they do it with wearing white clothes.
Hanami or Cherry Blossom Festival Japan's Spring Festival while everyone gathers beneath a swollen cherry tree.
There has been a lot of controversy over how Valentine's Day has come. It is said that a legend called 'Valentine' was a priest in Rome during the third century. Emperor II Claudius decided that unmarried men were better than soldiers than married men, and he banned marriage for young men.
The 'Valentine' realized the king's injustice and secretly done the marries activities of young male-female lovers. At one point the king learned of the matter and angrily ordered Valentine to be killed on 14 February. Since then, the 14 February is celebrated as Valentine's Day or Love Day in honor of Valentine.
- Family of 4 all die of coronavirus in a week
- 327 Japanese left Bangladesh
- Youth slaughtered on his way home in Jashore
- Charles says pandemic is strange, frustrating and distressing
- Two drug dealers killed in Naogaon gunfight
- Former land minister Shamsur Rahman dies
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Kaptai
- Coronavirus test facilities in 5 hospitals
- Coronavirus claims 923 lives in Spain in a day
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Israeli health minister, wife contract COVID-19
- US coronavirus cases surpass 200,000, records deaths in a day
- Coronavirus: Death toll exceeds 47,000; infection over .9 million
- Army to go tough from today
- RPMP Police launches home delivery service
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 45,500
- Fake police caught demanding extortion
- Ctg woman who died in isolation ward tested negative for Covid-19
- 18 houses burnt in 20 minutes at Rohingya camp
- All courts to remain closed in 2nd phase holidays
- 4 woman killed in NY building fire
- Champions League suspended indefinitely
- Coronavirus infected woman journo shares 13 new symptoms
- Teenager dies in Bogura isolation
- Govt urges not to heed to rumors ‘If fever, police will take up’
- Helicopter`s door fallen down to house
- Masks, hand gloves increase coronavirus risks
- Housewife commits suicide in Bagerhat
- Dhaka returnee youth dies, no one went near fearing corona
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed