VNSC governing body chairman begs apology to Aritree’s family
Published: 05:45 PM, 6 December 2018 Updated: 05:45 PM, 6 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Amid protests by the students of Viqarunnisa Noon School and College over the suicide of Aritree Adhikari, its governing body chairman Golam Ashraf Talukder on Thursday apologized to Aritree’s family over the incident.
Governing body chairman Golam Ashraf said, “The instructions of the Education Ministry and the Dhaka Education Board have already been followed and the governing body is also working to fulfill other demands of the students and guardians.”
The chairman said these on Thursday while briefing reporters at Viqarunnisa Noon School and College’ Baiely Road branch.
Responding to a question about students’ demand of removal of the governing body members, he said, “If it is required, I will resign.”
Meanwhile, the students continued their protests for the third consecutive day to meet their six-point demand.
They demands are --- resignation of principal and ensure punishment of principal under section 305 and 306 for provoking suicide, give care to students depending on the behavior and characteristics of each student, and considering their mental health, physical and mental torture will not be accepted in any condition.
Besides, stopping the threat of expulsion and illegal detention policy, appointing counselor to ensure mental health of the school students, parents, teachers and other staff, necessary counseling for students who will break discipline, resignation of governing body members and the principal and the school authority have to seek apology for misbehavior with Aritree’s parent.
Earlier, Detectives in a drive arrested Viqarunnisa Noon School and College Class IX class teacher Hasna Hena from the city’s Uttara area on Wednesday night.
Later on Thursday, the court sent her to jail in a case filed in connection with suicide of Aritree Adhikari.
Aritree Adhikari, a class-IX student, reportedly committed suicide at their Shantinagar residence in the city on Monday after allegedly being rebuked by teachers for using mobile phone during examination.
Victim’s father Dilip Adhikari filed a case against three teachers of the school.
- 8 get life term for killing 3 cops
- Actor Saleh Ahmed at CCU
- Kim in Russia for Putin summit
- Tarique’s friend Mamun gets 7-year jail
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- PM to visit Sheikh Selim’s residence
- Adulterated sweets, no one to see!
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- Two Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ to die
- Earthquake rattles northeast India, Tibet
- Bitter squash in office’s flowerpots
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- 18 detains in hunt over Sri Lanka bombings
- 2 dies after being pushed out from train
- Toll in Sri Lanka bombings rises to 359
- Verdict on 2 Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ today
- Six years of Rana Plaza Tragedy
- Emirates to face Kyrgyzstan today
- 54 feared dead in landslide at Myanmar jade mine
- Second session of 11th JS today
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Zayan’s body to arrive Dhaka today
- India warned Sri Lanka 2 hours before Suicide Attacks
- Hijra, a creature of Allah: Noor
- Online reg required for St. Martin visit
- Biman to resume Dhaka-Delhi flight from May 13
- Kim, Putin to hold first talks in Russia
- PM returns home from Brunei
- Shakib returns for SRH, CSK to bowl
- BNP on extinction boycotting JS says Tofail
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand
- Adele separates from husband
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death