VNSC governing body chairman begs apology to Aritree’s family
Published: 05:45 PM, 6 December 2018 Updated: 05:45 PM, 6 December 2018
Amid protests by the students of Viqarunnisa Noon School and College over the suicide of Aritree Adhikari, its governing body chairman Golam Ashraf Talukder on Thursday apologized to Aritree’s family over the incident.
Governing body chairman Golam Ashraf said, “The instructions of the Education Ministry and the Dhaka Education Board have already been followed and the governing body is also working to fulfill other demands of the students and guardians.”
The chairman said these on Thursday while briefing reporters at Viqarunnisa Noon School and College’ Baiely Road branch.
Responding to a question about students’ demand of removal of the governing body members, he said, “If it is required, I will resign.”
Meanwhile, the students continued their protests for the third consecutive day to meet their six-point demand.
They demands are --- resignation of principal and ensure punishment of principal under section 305 and 306 for provoking suicide, give care to students depending on the behavior and characteristics of each student, and considering their mental health, physical and mental torture will not be accepted in any condition.
Besides, stopping the threat of expulsion and illegal detention policy, appointing counselor to ensure mental health of the school students, parents, teachers and other staff, necessary counseling for students who will break discipline, resignation of governing body members and the principal and the school authority have to seek apology for misbehavior with Aritree’s parent.
Earlier, Detectives in a drive arrested Viqarunnisa Noon School and College Class IX class teacher Hasna Hena from the city’s Uttara area on Wednesday night.
Later on Thursday, the court sent her to jail in a case filed in connection with suicide of Aritree Adhikari.
Aritree Adhikari, a class-IX student, reportedly committed suicide at their Shantinagar residence in the city on Monday after allegedly being rebuked by teachers for using mobile phone during examination.
Victim’s father Dilip Adhikari filed a case against three teachers of the school.
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Heart health: Love one you`re with
- Conduct leastwise two cases free: CJ
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- PM joins Munich Security Conference
- India warns Pakistan of `strong response`
- Trump to spend $8B for Mexico wall
- Haiti president breaks silence finally
- ‘Fagun Haway’ draws huge acclamation
- UN sought $920m for Rohingya
- Motorcyclist killed in Nanglokote road crash
- 78th birthday of Dr Wazed tomorrow
- Myanmar court sentences two to death for Muslim lawyer`s murder
- Dhaka for OIC help on Rohingya issue
- PM seeks more WHO engagement
- Facebook taps user data to defend workers from threat
- Farmers dream in coriander
- Barca extent Valverde contract until 2020
- Tea output increases 57 pc in northern districts
- Allama Shafi with helicopter in Ijtema
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Bomb-like eggplant recovered at CU
- Committee formed to celebrate Bangabandhu’s centenary
- Bangladesh brace for another trail by NZ pace
- Messi is ready for Valverde
- 3 held over Eden College`s ex-principal murder
- First lady makes Valentine’s Day art with pediatric patients
- Trump to declare emergency over Mexico border wall
- Actor Farooque injured
- Mushfiqur on the verge of making double-century
- All News »
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- AL reveals 2nd phase UZ polls candidates name
- Saraswati Puja today
- IAF Chief to visit Dhaka today
- Tomorrow’s SSC exam deferred to March 2
- DUCSU `election schedule` today