Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
Published: 01:37 PM, 7 October 2019 Updated: 04:14 PM, 7 October 2019
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) is now in unrest over the murder of Abrar, a student of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) department of the university.
The students, including his classmates, have been protesting since Monday morning. They demanded justice for the Fahad murder.
Earlier, students had blocked Jafar Iqbal, the Provost of Sher-e-Bangla Hall, over the murder of Abrar Fahad. They blocked the provost’s room for CCTV footage, said the students.
Mentioning that the details of the murder will be revealed if the footage is found, the student further said that “they will not leave the place if CCTV footage was not shown”.
At around 8:00 pm, a number of people called Fahad from room no. 1011 of Sher-e-Bangla Hall. He was not found until 2:00 am, according to Fahad’s classmates.
They believe he was beaten in a room no. 2011. Later, the body of Fahad was recovered from a staircase between the ground floor and the first floor of the Sher-e-Bangla Hall.
“We know those who call Fahad,” a classmate of Fahad said. “But at this moment, I do not want to say their names.”
Chawkbazar Police Station OC Sohrab Hossain said that Russell and Fuad were detained for questioning over the murder of BUET student Fahad. “They both are the BUET students.”
The deceased Abrar Fahad, a student of Term 1 of Level-2 of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) Department, BUET. He used to stay in room no. 1011. His home is in Kushtia city. He completed his school life at Kushtia District School and attended Notre Dame College.
Hall Provost Md Zafar Iqbal Khan said a student was found in front of the hall at around 2:45 pm. It is not yet known why he went out, what happened. He was later examined by a doctor at BUET.
The doctor then declared him dead. I informed the police later. Police rushed him to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), he added.
- Inundated Venice braced for more flooding, strong winds
- Int’l consultant for 2nd satellite soon: BCSCL
- Google Launches Android 10 GO: What offers?
- ‘Daak Taka’ to make postal service more digital: Jabbar
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Tsitsipas beats Roger Federer to reach final of ATP Finals
- BBIN chamber launched
- Nasimon driver killed road mishap
- Bangla Tigers suffer six-wicket defeat against Deccan Gladiators
- BFF budget for next fiscal clocks Tk 41.6 cr
- Helper killed in Pabna as wood-laden trolley turned over
- Gunmen fire on buses carrying Muslim Sri Lankan voters
- SCC to be extended
- Car bomb kills 18 in northern Syria
- Tigers` focus now on pink-ball Test
- President, PM pay tributes to Maulana Bhasani
- LongHorn Steak & Pizza: The best cuts of beef
- Food cooked in PM’s residence without onion
- IU ‘C’ unit admission test results published
- Dope tests for private job
- Big invest coming from Japan: Finance Minister
- 10 abducted workers rescued from Sundarbans
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Onion to reach in a day or two: PM
- Expat hacked death in Malaysia
- Khulna trader fined for onion price inflated
- Quader urges FFs to build the country
- Bangladesh Emerging team beats India
- 4 virtues of divine woman
- Fox-dog shattered off Muniya`s body!
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Two dead, 150 homes lost in Australia bushfires
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’: 10 injured after 7 houses collapsed in Bhola
- Bulbul hits Kolkata, Kills 1
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- After ‘Bulbul’, now cyclone ‘Nakri’ forming in Bay
- Tuesday’s JSC-JDC exam suspended
- Dreadful ‘Bulbul’ near Sundarbans
- 9 districts that will come under signal 10
- Rogue "Bin Laden" elephant that killed 5 caught in Assam
- Bulbul to cross Satkhira early Sunday
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- A single bad work can spoil 10 good works: Quader
- Shaheed Nur Hossain Day observed