Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
Published: 01:37 PM, 7 October 2019 Updated: 04:14 PM, 7 October 2019
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) is now in unrest over the murder of Abrar, a student of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) department of the university.
The students, including his classmates, have been protesting since Monday morning. They demanded justice for the Fahad murder.
Earlier, students had blocked Jafar Iqbal, the Provost of Sher-e-Bangla Hall, over the murder of Abrar Fahad. They blocked the provost’s room for CCTV footage, said the students.
Mentioning that the details of the murder will be revealed if the footage is found, the student further said that “they will not leave the place if CCTV footage was not shown”.
At around 8:00 pm, a number of people called Fahad from room no. 1011 of Sher-e-Bangla Hall. He was not found until 2:00 am, according to Fahad’s classmates.
They believe he was beaten in a room no. 2011. Later, the body of Fahad was recovered from a staircase between the ground floor and the first floor of the Sher-e-Bangla Hall.
“We know those who call Fahad,” a classmate of Fahad said. “But at this moment, I do not want to say their names.”
Chawkbazar Police Station OC Sohrab Hossain said that Russell and Fuad were detained for questioning over the murder of BUET student Fahad. “They both are the BUET students.”
The deceased Abrar Fahad, a student of Term 1 of Level-2 of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) Department, BUET. He used to stay in room no. 1011. His home is in Kushtia city. He completed his school life at Kushtia District School and attended Notre Dame College.
Hall Provost Md Zafar Iqbal Khan said a student was found in front of the hall at around 2:45 pm. It is not yet known why he went out, what happened. He was later examined by a doctor at BUET.
The doctor then declared him dead. I informed the police later. Police rushed him to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), he added.
- Coronavirus hits more Middle East countries
- Trump announces defence deal with India
- Papiya placed on 15-day remand
- Police becomes barrier to treatment of Rickshaw puller’s mother
- Holy Shab-e-Meraj on Mar 22
- Trump visits Taj Mahal
- Young girl crushed under train in Lalmonirhat
- Yunusur Rahman made DSE chairman
- Mahathir becomes interim PM
- Trump forgets Gandhi at Gandhi’s Ashram
- PM urges Japan to investment in power sector
- No one will escape committing crime: Quader
- 12 Jailed for carrying marijuana in Jamalpur
- India seal comfortable victory over Bangladesh
- Rapist detained after 18 yrs of rape
- RU also denies joining uniform admission test
- President urges BGB to stay alert at borders
- Hearing with using video conference at Information Commission
- Motorcyclist killed in Jhalakati road crash
- DU says not to uniform entry test
- Case against 9 brick kilns of Gaibandha
- Bangladesh restrict India to 142
- Coronavirus: 7 died, 763 infected in South Korea
- Mushfiqur tops Tamim to become leading run-scorer
- Over 80,000 police personnel appointed
- Zimbabwe reeling after Mushfiqur`s 203*
- Bangladesh to field against India
- Bangladesh declare after Mushfiqur`s double ton
- 55 pc work of Elevated Expressway completed
- One to die, 11 get life term for murder in Kushtia
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire