Uniform entry test in public universities from this year
Published: 09:11 PM, 11 February 2020 Updated: 11:07 PM, 11 February 2020
Vice-Chancellors of public universities have decided to hold uniform admission tests in all public universities across the country from next year, 2020-21 academic session.
Students who have passed HSC examination will be able to take part in the uniform admission test. Exams will be held in separate question papers under the same syllabus. The admission test will be conducted on different subjects under three different departments.
This process will also be applicable for admission seekers of different colleges under National University.
An online application will be called within a short time after the publication of the HSC exam result. The admission test will be completed by November. Students in the Central merit list will able to apply for admission as per the requirements of the concerned university. The class will begin in January.
To address the wishes of President Abdul Hamid, the Vice-Chancellors of all the universities, unanimously, decided to take uniform admission test.
The decision was taken on Tuesday in the 262nd meeting of the standing committee of the Bangladesh University Council, at Sher-E-Bangla Agricultural University.
Vice-Chancellor of Shrebangla Agricultural University and President of Bangladesh University Council Kamal Uddin Ahmed presided over the meeting. A total, 28 universities Vice-Chancellor including National University Vice-Chancellor, Dr. Harun-or-Rashid, Chittagong University Vice-Chancellor, Professor Shirin Akhtar, Rajshahi University Vice-Chancellor, Professor M Abdus Sobhan, Jagannath University Vice-Chancellor, Professor Mizanur Rahman, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology Vice-Chancellor, Professor Farid Uddin Ahmed, Islamic University Vice-Chancellor, Dr. Harun-ur-Rashid, Vice-Chancellor of Khulna University, Dr. Mohamed Faik Ujjman attended the meeting.
Jagannath University Vice-Chancellor Prof. Mizanur Rahman said that the meeting has decided to conduct a uniform admission test in the public universities of the country from next year. However, the Vice-Chancellors of Dhaka University, BUET and Jahangirnagar University were not present there. It is not yet certain whether these universities will participate in the process. We will go to UGC on the matter tomorrow, where the final decision will be taken.
- BB reschedule transactions time
- Locals lock down Munshefpara
- Govt to provide all supports for protein production
- NY man contracting corona while buying toothpaste after 12 days of quarantine
- Teenager dies with cold, cough in Ctg
- Young doctors must come forward to tackle corona: DGHS
- Coronavirus claims over 89,000 lives; 1.5 million infected
- Housewife beaten to death in Bogura
- 12kg marijuana recovered in Satkhira
- Bangladesh`s home series against Australia postponed
- Bangladeshis stranded abroad to be brought back: A. Momen
- Sisimpur to be aired in 19 languages
- 25 reported negative in Chandpur, 12 awaiting
- BSD launches free ambulance service in Barishal
- 29 Barishal houses under lockdown
- 62 of 112 newly detected only in Dhaka: Flora
- Chandpur lockdown
- ‘2,000-bed isolation hospital being built at Bashundhara’
- Land tax deadline extended by a month
- All types of medical treatment in 69 private hospitals
- BSTI continues emergency service in COVID-19 situation
- 12 injured in Kamarkhand clash
- 34 coronavirus sample collected in Bogura 3 in isolation
- James’s Concert on Facebook
- Coronavirus cases surpass 300 in the country
- 3000 families in 2 villages voluntarily locked down in Ullapara
- 150 Saudi royal family members infected with coronavirus
- One more dies from coronavirus, 112 new infected
- Disciplinary action if spread rumors: Information Minister
- Two patients escape corona ward
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- 3 more die from coronavirus, 54 new infected
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- PM unveils Tk 72,750cr package to overcome coronavirus impact
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India
- 3 more detected with coronavirus in Keraniganj, area ‘lockdown’
- China to ban eating cats and dogs
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus