Unauthorized clinics increasing in Rangpur city
Published: 10:07 PM, 19 January 2020 Updated: 10:07 PM, 19 January 2020
A total number of 195 clinics out of 313 have been found unauthorized in Rangpur as the number of unauthorized clinics in the city is increasing day by day and death from wrong treatment has been raised.
More than 100 maternity and child deaths have been reported due to wrong treatment over the past five years. Though cases have also been filed against the doctors' many clinic owners have compromised with the patients to avoid liability.
Officials at the Rangpur Civil Surgeon's Office said that mobile courts are being run against the clinics on a regular basis while many clinics have been shutting down and made the revocation some of these licenses. But the clinics without licenses are doing their business by changing their names.
A woman named Alia Khatun was mourning in front of Rangpur Medical College Hospital morgue as she lost her maternity daughter due to wrong treatment.
At least six maternity deaths due to wrong treatment incidents have been happened from November 2018 to 08 January 2019 in various clinics including Uttam Seba Hospital, Rose Hospital, Orion Clinic, Square Hospital in the city.
Samshur Rahman Koel, general secretary of the Rangpur Clinic and Diagnostic Owners Association, said that letters have been sent to the health department for several times to take action against these clinics.
Civil Surgeon Hirmber Kumar Roy said that many people are going to doctors in low-quality private hospitals for lack of awareness that resulted in the death of the patients.
He also said that the relatives in the clinics generally do not make any written complaints about the death of the patient. If they make written complaints, proper actions will be taken against those concerned.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks