Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
Published: 07:00 PM, 13 June 2019 Updated: 07:23 PM, 13 June 2019
Uday Hakim has joined the country’s popular news portal risingbd as an Advisory Editor.
He officially took charge on Wednesday at a reception ceremony held at the risingbd’s office in the capital’s Mirpur 1.
At the function, Risingbd Publisher SM Zahid Hasan, Advisor Humayun Kabir, Monitoring Editor Firoz Alam, Chief Coordinator Khondakar Shahriar Murshid, Chief Administrative Officer Milton Ahmed, Monitoring Associate Augustin Sujan Barai, Editor Nowsher Ali, Chief News Editor Khan Mohammad Shahnewaj and other staffs gave him a floral reception.
Uday Hakim will continue in his current role as executive director of the country’s electronics giant Walton Group.
Mentionable, he rendered an outstanding role as Founding Editor of risingbd that started the journey in 2013 with the theme of highlighting positive Bangladesh towards the national and international readers. Making its journey successful, he left the charge in the online news portal about five years ago for dedicating himself in branding Walton and its products at home and abroad.
Earlier, he received a floral greeting from a delegation team of the Mobile phone Electronic and Automobile Journalist Association of Bangladesh (MEAJAB), led by its General Secretary Imrul Kawsar Emon, at his corporate office.
The multi-skilled and well-known media and corporate person Uday Hakim born in a Muslim family at Bordhonpara village under the Mirzapur Upazila of Tangail District. After obtaining his graduation and post-graduation degrees in Mass Communication and Journalism from the University of Dhaka, he served in Prothom Alo, Amar Desh, Kaler Kantha, Channel I and CSB Television.
Uday Hakim joined Walton Group in 2010. From his childhood, he loves to write and travel. He has already traveled to 35 countries and wrote lots of travelogues. A total of six books, written by him, is published until today. Last year, the famous Indian-Bengali singer Nachiketa made an album with a song written by Uday Hakim.
He was also a part-time lecturer in the Journalism, Communication and Media Studies Department of the State University. In addition, he is a member of several organizations like The Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry, National Press Club, Dhaka Reporters’ Unity, Tangail Press Club, etc.
- DU students block Shahabagh again
- 24 dead in arson attack at Japan studio
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
- Rocky passed HSC by writing with wrist
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM
- Flood in Assam, death toll rises to 27
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today