US warns citizens travelling to Bangladesh
Published: 02:52 PM, 21 April 2018
The United States has once again advised US citizens to be extra careful about travelling to Bangladesh.
The new warning issued on Friday suggested that the United States is considering the second time to travel to Dhaka due to crime and terrorism.
US foreign ministry travels Bangladesh in the second phase (Level 2) on alert.This means that the citizens of the country will have to be extra careful in Dhaka tour.
In the new alert, due to crime and terrorism, US citizens have been called for reconsideration of travel to the northeast region including Chattoagram Hill Tracts. It says that violent crimes like armed robbery, assault and rape are taking place plenty of here.
It is said in the guidelines that terror groups are planning a possible attack in Bangladesh. They can attack without little or no threat. They said that they can attack tourism areas, communication centres, markets or shopping malls, restaurants, religious establishments and local government offices.
It is further said that despite the presence of widespread police presence in the urban areas of the country, terrorist attacks are in danger.
The US State Department said that crime trends in Dhaka are high and it increases a lot in the night. Urban crime may be organized or pursued by the individual or group which may be the finder. In general, these crimes include fraud, theft, robbery, cage, rape, assault and hijacking.
Travel guides have mentioned that only the government workers working in the US embassy in Bangladesh are allowed to live with their adult husband-wife and partner.
The US foreign ministry has issued orders to strictly adhere to the safety guidelines on the movements, jobs and travel of US citizens living in Bangladesh. Moving on and running in public places and outside the specific places of the US and biking (motorcycle, rickshaw and CNG) has been banned.
Besides, it has been said to avoid sidewalks and most government institutions.
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus