US urges Myanmar to ensure equal opportunity, democracy
Published: 12:02 PM, 3 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The United States has urged the Myanmar authorities to take some steps to establish a democratic society where everyone has full and equal approach and opportunities.
In a press statement on Wednesday, US Secretary of State, Rex W Tillerson said that for a decade`s the United States has stood with the Myanmar people for achieving their pursuit of peace, freedom, and justice.
The US remains committed to help Myanmar’s democratic transition and continue to support the civilian government to end the decades of conflict; bolster their human rights, and foster inclusive economic development, added the US Secretary of State.
It is noted that over 655,500 Rohingyas escaped Rakhine, the State of Myanmar because of violence and military crackdowns and took shelter in Bangladesh since August 25, 2017.
The US Secretary of State said on behalf of the United States of America, I offer congratulations to President Htin Kyaw and the people of Myanmar on the occasion of Myanmar’s Independence Day on January 4, 2018.
The US wished all of Myanmar’s people peace, security, and prosperity in the coming year.
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- Probe report against 15 M’singh razakars released
- Another dengue patient die in Dhaka
- 3 cricketers injured in collision with bus in Savar
- Imam’s slit-throat body found in Mosque
- PM opens ‘Gangchil’
- Nepal bans single use plastics on Everest region
- 3 killed as two buses collide in Thakurgaon
- Another man dies of dengue in Barishal
- 3 HC justices ‘barred from performing duties’
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter