US offer Bangladeshi students to study at American school
Published: 06:25 PM, 21 November 2019
The American Center at the US Embassy Dhaka has announced the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (K-L YES) Program for the academic year 2020-21 for Bangladeshi students.
The K-L YES program is a high school exchange program sponsored by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, said the Embassy on Thursday.
It is administered in Bangladesh by the International Education and Resource Network – Bangladesh (iEARN-BD), a non-profit organization, with the support of US Embassy Dhaka.
To be eligible for the K-L YES program, interested candidates must be a Bangladesh citizen and not dual citizens or permanent residents of the US, or any other country; aged between 15 and 17 years on August 1, 2020; and be currently enrolled in grade 8-11 in any high school and/or college in Bangladesh.
The program enables exemplary Bangladeshi high school students from grades eight through 11 to spend one academic year at an American high school.
Its purpose is to provide promising high school students with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
The K-L YES Program began in Bangladesh in 2004, and since then, 420 Bangladeshi students have successfully participated.
Many YES participants have been recognized for their community service activities in the United States and the YES alumni association in Bangladesh is actively engaged in several community program.
The program application is online and the interested students can apply at the iEARN-BD website: http://www.iearnbd.org/.
The deadline for submission of completed applications to iEARN-BD website is Sunday (November 23).
- Recruitment at Epyllion Group
- What thinks Domingo for losing series!
- Youths rich in tech knowledge are the future leader: Palak
- JMB men arrested in Khulna on 10-day remand
- Disabled child died after fallen from the roof
- Death toll climbs 22 in Turkish earthquake
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Xi says China faces `grave situation` as virus toll hits 41
- Horse race held in Mithapukur
- Delta Airlines fined for dropping Muslim paxs
- Gambia Justice Minister praised Bangladesh
- 2 bakers fined TK 6 lakh Jhalokati
- Defendant mobbed over threatening plaintiff
- Election manifesto to be given highest priority
- Housewife killed over dowry dispute, 3 arrested
- Pakistan threats India over World Cup!
- Ranveer Singh denies sexism!
- 5 detained with 102 ltr liquor
- Bangladesh Embassy in China launches ‘hotline’ service
- No bricks in public works
- 4,348 affected by cold-related disease in 24 hrs
- Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
- Teacher commits suicide over debt burden
- Jubo League’s ultimatum to eliminate Dipu
- Palestine retains Bangabandhu Gold Cup crown
- Bangladesh Air Force chief left for Egypt visit
- Cattle trader hacked in Bhangura daylight
- Pakistan clinch T20I series over Bangladesh
- China shut down 14 cities as virus toll climbs
- Bangabandhu plant to meet the crisis of pure water
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack