He presents credentials to President
US for strong Dhaka-Washington ties, new envoy tells President
Published: 05:53 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 08:28 PM, 29 November 2018
Newly appointed US Ambassador to Bangladesh Earl R Miller presented his credentials to President Md Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban
Newly appointed US Ambassador to Bangladesh Earl R Miller emphasized that a strong Bangladesh-US relationship is in the interest of US and Bangladeshi people as well as the regional and global community.
Ambassador Miller presented his credentials on Thursday to President Md Abdul Hamid at a ceremony at Bangabhaban in the afternoon.
Welcoming the ambassador, President Abdul Hamid said the US is one of the development partners of Bangladesh. “The bilateral relationship is increasing day by day,” he said underscoring the need for strengthening the relations between the two countries further.
During the meeting, the new envoy said the US gives importance to its relations with Bangladesh, expressing the hope that ties will bolster during his tenure here, said President’s Press Secretary Joynal Abedin.
The Ambassador, who arrived here on November 18, was sworn in as the US Ambassador to Bangladesh at the Department of State in the United States, said the US Embassy in Dhaka.
Former US Ambassadors Marcia Bernicat, Dan Mozena, and the Bangladesh Ambassador to the United States, Ziauddin were also present during the ceremony.
Ambassador Miller, a career member of the US Senior Foreign Service, joined the Department of State in 1987.
He served previously as US Ambassador to the Republic of Botswana from 2014 - 2018, while Consul General at the US Consulate General in Johannesburg, South Africa, from 2011 to 2014.
Ambassador Miller also served in Washington, San Francisco, Miami and Boston and at US embassies in El Salvador, Malaysia, Indonesia, Iraq, and India.
Ambassador Miller was confirmed as US Ambassador to the People's Republic of Bangladesh by the US Senate on October 11.
- BNP is a failed political party: Quader
- 2 held over ‘rape’ of girl in N’ganj
- Srijit was hot-headed before marriage: Raima
- Ishita sings with son
- 11 held with marijuana-cash in Bhairab
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- Tigers’ Pak T20 series rescheduled
- Newborn baby found wrapped in lungi
- No alternative to eating alone to lose weight!
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- 2 Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir gunfight
- Three-way traffic collision kills 4 in Keraniganj
- Child drowned in Faridpur
- Homemade way to blacken hair
- National Science and Technology Week begins in Gopalganj
- Illegal establishments abolished in Singair
- 68,000 families to get disaster-resistant home in Mujib Year
- De Kock to lead SA ODI team
- Baby dies after drowning in Faridpur
- Debtor stabbed farmer for Tk 200
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- U-19 WC: Junior Tigers reach quarterfinals
- 2 detained with Indian cows in Roumari border
- Locals block road in protest of eve-teasing in Sunamganj
- 5 members of ‘Malam Party’ arrested
- Mushy placed in T20 innings of the year
- Duke of Sussex to start new chapter in Canada
- 2 crushed under train in Joypurhat
- Bird fair at Jahangirnagar University Friday
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF in Panchagarh
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- DU expels 63 students for life
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur