He presents credentials to President
US for strong Dhaka-Washington ties, new envoy tells President
Published: 05:53 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 08:28 PM, 29 November 2018
Newly appointed US Ambassador to Bangladesh Earl R Miller presented his credentials to President Md Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban
Newly appointed US Ambassador to Bangladesh Earl R Miller emphasized that a strong Bangladesh-US relationship is in the interest of US and Bangladeshi people as well as the regional and global community.
Ambassador Miller presented his credentials on Thursday to President Md Abdul Hamid at a ceremony at Bangabhaban in the afternoon.
Welcoming the ambassador, President Abdul Hamid said the US is one of the development partners of Bangladesh. “The bilateral relationship is increasing day by day,” he said underscoring the need for strengthening the relations between the two countries further.
During the meeting, the new envoy said the US gives importance to its relations with Bangladesh, expressing the hope that ties will bolster during his tenure here, said President’s Press Secretary Joynal Abedin.
The Ambassador, who arrived here on November 18, was sworn in as the US Ambassador to Bangladesh at the Department of State in the United States, said the US Embassy in Dhaka.
Former US Ambassadors Marcia Bernicat, Dan Mozena, and the Bangladesh Ambassador to the United States, Ziauddin were also present during the ceremony.
Ambassador Miller, a career member of the US Senior Foreign Service, joined the Department of State in 1987.
He served previously as US Ambassador to the Republic of Botswana from 2014 - 2018, while Consul General at the US Consulate General in Johannesburg, South Africa, from 2011 to 2014.
Ambassador Miller also served in Washington, San Francisco, Miami and Boston and at US embassies in El Salvador, Malaysia, Indonesia, Iraq, and India.
Ambassador Miller was confirmed as US Ambassador to the People's Republic of Bangladesh by the US Senate on October 11.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor