He presents credentials to President
US for strong Dhaka-Washington ties, new envoy tells President
Published: 05:53 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 08:28 PM, 29 November 2018
Newly appointed US Ambassador to Bangladesh Earl R Miller presented his credentials to President Md Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban
Newly appointed US Ambassador to Bangladesh Earl R Miller emphasized that a strong Bangladesh-US relationship is in the interest of US and Bangladeshi people as well as the regional and global community.
Ambassador Miller presented his credentials on Thursday to President Md Abdul Hamid at a ceremony at Bangabhaban in the afternoon.
Welcoming the ambassador, President Abdul Hamid said the US is one of the development partners of Bangladesh. “The bilateral relationship is increasing day by day,” he said underscoring the need for strengthening the relations between the two countries further.
During the meeting, the new envoy said the US gives importance to its relations with Bangladesh, expressing the hope that ties will bolster during his tenure here, said President’s Press Secretary Joynal Abedin.
The Ambassador, who arrived here on November 18, was sworn in as the US Ambassador to Bangladesh at the Department of State in the United States, said the US Embassy in Dhaka.
Former US Ambassadors Marcia Bernicat, Dan Mozena, and the Bangladesh Ambassador to the United States, Ziauddin were also present during the ceremony.
Ambassador Miller, a career member of the US Senior Foreign Service, joined the Department of State in 1987.
He served previously as US Ambassador to the Republic of Botswana from 2014 - 2018, while Consul General at the US Consulate General in Johannesburg, South Africa, from 2011 to 2014.
Ambassador Miller also served in Washington, San Francisco, Miami and Boston and at US embassies in El Salvador, Malaysia, Indonesia, Iraq, and India.
Ambassador Miller was confirmed as US Ambassador to the People's Republic of Bangladesh by the US Senate on October 11.
- Student organisations remain at variance over DUCSU polls
- Saudi crown prince reaches Pakistan amid tension
- Shanaya Kapoor takes first step in Bollywood
- `India shouldn`t play against Pakistan in WC 2019`
- Maqbul Ahmed resigns from Jamaat
- Lights in Hili
- Fuel price hike cause UK’s airline end
- Collective efforts need to mitigate urban poverty
- `2000 edu institutions to be brought under MPO soon`
- Nirab murder: accused arrested
- Hearing on Jamaat’s appeal soon: AG
- Bogura AL President Momtaz Uddin dies
- Mahmudullah, Boult fined by ICC
- PM at IDEX inaugural in Abu Dhabi
- Sightly lake fascinates visitors
- RU to observe Dr Zoha day tomorrow
- Messi scores one penalty out of two in win
- Ebola kills nearly 100 children
- CORR fall not at expected level yet: ACC Chm
- School banking to create savings habit
- Japan PM nominated Trump for Nobel
- Bangladeshi killed in Saudi Arabia road crash
- Manna’s 11th death anniv today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- ‘All parties not taking part in UZ polls disappointing’
- 32 grenades recovered in Khulna
- ‘Sagar-Runi’ Murder report delay for 63rd time
- Trump demands Europe take in 800 ISIS fighters
- Pulse cultivation gaining popularity among Manikganj farmers
- Fear grips Kashmiris living in India
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’